About this whole Bat-signal thing

…it’s the 2020’s already. Just call Batman on his cellphone, for goodness sake!

9 Likes

tag him on twitter too!! haha

3 Likes

Track the call too while you’re at it!

5 Likes

I mean, how inefficient is it to throw up a signal, have him come allll the way to police headquarters, just to tell him where the crime is? Just text him to meet you there!

3 Likes

That would be funny for it to cycle from the bat phone to the bat signal to a cellphone!

3 Likes

Actually it’s funny that you brought this up, cause I was thinking the same thing yesterday! I was watching an episode of The Batman, and Penguin remarks how after Gordon had the Bat Signal installed, Penguin’s getaway time got cut down by half. Now that doesn’t make any sense, because Bruce already has the Bat-wave monitoring for alerts and whatever, so why in the blazes would a less efficient system help speed up Batman’s arrival at the scene?!

In all honesty, I think that the Bat Signal has transcended its initial purpose and now plays more into deterrence theory. Regular people see the signal, and are deterred from committing crime because they know Batman’s out there. That said, many studies show that these methods of deterrence aren’t particularly effective, so maybe the GCPD should consider taking out the signal and saving electricity.

3 Likes

Right, but then why does Batman keep having to meet Gordon on the roof to get him to turn the da*n thing off?!? It gets cold in Gotham, dang it.

“Just flip it on at night and text me if anything happens.”

3 Likes

I’ll let Uncle Phil school you on this one…

7 Likes

Okay, but now go watch Fiddler on the Roof.

2 Likes

You can’t use a cellphone without giving up your location.

4 Likes

Like the signal doesn’t tell people where he’ll be. He’ll be at the signal!!!

3 Likes

It’s not about hope? Maybe not as much as the crest of the house of El, but still…

4 Likes

Man, there’s no hope on the mean streets of Gotham! But, even if there was, back to this:

2 Likes

Oh, so Gordon set up a trap. And he just keeps waiting for someone to off Batman.

3 Likes

Batman only gets a Signal at Night, on a Cloudy Night.

If you call him he’d have to work more

3 Likes

Dude, he’s filthy rich! I’m okay with making him work more.

4 Likes

I mean, why haven’t villains just waited and attacked him at police HQ? They know with 100% certainty he will at some point be on that roof, talking to Gordon…standing next to the signal.

2 Likes

False, as far as I know Bruce Wayne is the only Filthy Rich in Gotham.

No one knows how much Batman has in his savings

3 Likes

Go destroy his secret lair, see what happens.

Just, obviously, leave that signal alone…apparently he just can’t beat crime without it!

2 Likes

Hehehe Well all the Bat Toys got smashed. surprisingly a lot of “Property of Wayne Enterprises” logos. weird…

4 Likes