abfg new 52

Nightwing is kinda bad. Detective Comics mostly. I like how Batwoman took charge, but whatever. Every story kinda went to the ehh… When I wanted the uhh… lol

Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo’s Batman New 52 run was a million times better than Tom King’s Rebirth run. Maybe even a gazillion times better😀

4 Likes

I agree that Snyder’s run is better and I say that as a fan of King’s run.

2 Likes

Rebirth Nightwing is just so hit and miss. One good story, then a decent story but iffy art and then a dud of a story with dud art.

I appreciate Nightwing having a new spin on the blue and black look but a far superior fix of him in Rebirth is in Titans. My go to fix for Rebirth Nightwing.

I only read a smidgen of The Hellblazer (the Rebirth one-shot and the first issue) and it was fine but was the first Rebirth book I dropped from my pull list. I’ve read a couple random issues also and they were pretty good.

3 Likes

Both of the New 52 Teen Titans series had Tim front and center. I think Damian may have popped up in the Death of the Family tie-ins but I don’t own either series anymore so I don’t remember.

I absolutely love the New 52 Justice League over the Rebirth series. I’m a sucker for anything by Geoff Johns (and Jim Lee on the first run plus other smaller work he did for the series later on). The Rebirth series was pretty good too. I dug the focus on time travel adventures for most of Hitch’s run. Christopher Priest’s run had a few “Huh?” moments and was dull in alot of areas for me.

2 Likes

Hah! Yup. Good stuff.

Abfgmsw… you gotta read Grayson… It’s great.

I love the New 52 runs of Supergirl and Batgirl!

1 Like

Lol. Ok

I echo support for Batgirl, Grayson, and Supergirl. Good stuff.

1 Like

What the #@*% Is a ‘Grawlix’?

Kidding

1 Like

My hate for Grayson is that Dick Grayson is not a super spy like James Bond. He is his own hero and should be out doing his own thing wether it’s City to City or just staying in Bludhaven or Detroit like the Titans show has him. He is the soul of the DCU and to have him in SHIELD …I mean Spiral is a joke. Don’t get me wrong, the art was great and splash pages where Amazing but that’s Not my Dick Grayson…that Grayson in the book is just a Tool. Soooooo glad they braught him back as Nightwing as that is who he is…

2 Likes

How about now? Ric Grayson?

I hope that’s over. The other 4 Nightwings? Ugh

They both mean the same thing, they’re slang for another name. If my name was Richard, I wouldn’t want to go by Dick. Rick, Rich, sure. Dick? Nope.

1 Like

I get where Dick came from, it’s just that most people see it as an out-dated nickname. He’s enough of a macho buckaroo to proudly sport it though, so good for Dick.

For sure. There’s certainly things from way back that I’d love to experience or re-experience.

1 Like

Heck yeah for Simon and Garfunkel. They’re awesome!

I’d like to go to the medieval ages. Sure alot of people smelled, the mortality rate was alot lower, you obviously don’t have the modern conveniences of today (like toilets for example) and so on, but man…knights, castles, fair maidens, dances in the king’s court, archery and jousting ceremonies the quiet and simple nature of things, it’s rad. I realize I’m romanticizing the period a bit, but it’s a fascinating one.

I’d also like to visit colonial America and nineteenth century England.

2 Likes

I’d like to to walk down a cobblestone sidewalk in 1800’s London with a fair maiden beside me as whisps of fog gently glide past the evening lights of the city, there’s a comfortable light chill to the air and you hear the gentle clip-clops of horse drawn carriages in the distance.

Why maybe we’d even get a glimpse of the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (led by Mina Harker of course).

2 Likes

New 52 was very underrated to me. Yeah there were tons of issues but had lots more goods going for it that was overshadowed.

Rebirth is overall better but I love all eras from golden age to current

1 Like