ABC Reading Challenge

:+1:

Good to know youā€™re beta testing that :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

11 months? I am going to be done with this in about another week.

:open_mouth:
And here I was trying to enjoy the journey . . .

2 Likes

We all read at our own pace. No shame in people taking longer to read and savoring the comic library. I know it will take me awhile to get through it because of my job. I will still be excited even if I am the last person to hit the entire alphabet when the time is up. Iā€™m hoping we just all find some hidden gems in the comic book world we didnā€™t know about before. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Definitely found some of those already. :+1:

2 Likes

I have definitely found some of those hidden gems. Once I get done with ABC, there are a number of the titles I discovered in this challenge that will be revisited.

3 Likes

Iā€™m almost done, I had to cheat a little with Q. No not James Bond friend or a character from Star Trek, with Q, I read The Question comic, only take ā€˜Theā€™ out. :vulcan_salute::grin:

3 Likes

:smile:
Donā€™t worry it counts.

4 Likes

That isnā€™t cheating. The Question should absolutely be alphabetized under ā€œQā€.

4 Likes

There is almost no Q otherwise, so it totally counts. Donā€™t feel bad. It isnā€™t cheating at all, it is using the resources available.

3 Likes

Just finished ā€œGotham Academyā€ issues 1-6. I remembered @HubCityQuestion mentioning it previously, so I had to check it out! Wow! The first issue didnā€™t suck me in, but man did 2-6. These were some truly magnificent comics! Mystery! Intrigue! Likable characters! Almost everything I want in a comic book was represented within these pages. Artwork was superb. The writing held the suspense. Man, I will be reading the rest of this series eventually.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s fun. Iā€™ve had similar experiences with a lot of these comics on my reading list for this challenge. Gee whoever thought of this reading challenge must be really smart.
:grin:

1 Like

Just updated my list and after two more As and one more P, I only have eight letters left!!!

1 Like

My shop would have it on the wall as ā€œQuestion, The.ā€

Iā€™m going to have to see what my shop has in the stacks for Q. Iā€™m having fun with this and at the end Iā€™ll have physical copies of books for each letter of the alphabet!!!

Zombie Tramp wasnā€™t super awfulā€¦.It wasnā€™t super good, but it didnā€™t suck.

1 Like

I had to post again. About 3 weeks ago, I claimed I would probably be done in another week or so. I donā€™t think I have read a comic on here since then. I tore through the alphabet all the way through ā€œWā€, then I just stalled out. All I have left are X, Y, and Z, but I kinda lost interest. Iā€™ll get back to it. Itā€™s only February, I can still complete the challenge pretty easily, but I just let the rest of the world (including actual physical comics) command my attention.

1 Like

That is why it is a year challenge. Life happens! Also the library gets a lot more restrictive at those letters, so maybe nothing truly jumps at you from the list. Since many people are approaching the end, I have come up with another letter challenge that I will post about soon :wink:

2 Likes

Make sure you tag me!
The one resolution I made this year was to average two books a day and these challenges helpā€¦A LOT!!!

2 Likes

For those of you that have reached the end of your ABC list, here is a new challenge. Spell your DC username using the comic book library! For those with weird letters in your name, feel free to figure out a creative solution for this issue. For example anyone with Q in their username, feel free to think of a workaround for that issue. Maybe have it be the second letter in the title but when you update the list just be like aQuaman, but please only do this for letters like q where you may have already read the available selections or donā€™t like the available selections. @hashtag-goodtobejo, here is your tag :wink:

4 Likes

AWESOME!!!

Once I complete the ABC challenge Iā€™ll do this with the DCU library rather than my personal one!

Right now Iā€™m working on catching up on all my Black Label books though. I have all seventeen Books of Magic books and havenā€™t read a single one. And I have a few Curse of the White Knight books to catch up on.

Got caught up with the current Hellblazer run this week for my Book Club and it was AMAZING!!! Havenā€™t really read any Constantine before this and Iā€™m LOVING IT!!!

And Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll discover more that Iā€™m behind on as time goes byā€¦

ā€¦I buy a lot of books.

2 Likes

This looks like a fun challenge. I am starting kind of late but free time seems like a thing right now.

#: 52 (2006) 1-52
A: Ame-Comi Wonder Woman 1-3
A: Ame-Comi Batgirl 1-3
A: Ame-Comi Duela Dent 1-3
A: Ame-Comi Power Girl 1-3
A: Ame-Comi Supergirl 1-3
A: Ame-Comi Girls 1-24
B: Birds of Prey (2010) 1-15
C: Chase (1997) 1-9
D: DC Universe vs Masters of the Universe (2013) 1-6
E:
F: