:jsa_book_club: A Spectre is Haunting the Multiverse :jsa_book_club:

Hello All members of the @JSABookClub. Hope you all are doing well.

This session we will be following the adventures of the All Star Squadron. Doc Fate and the Spectre duke it out, Sargon the Sorcerer helps the Justice Society face a threat, Shining Knight tells a tale of the Seven Soldiers of Victory and Wonder Woman and Liberty Belle have a talk. So let’s get started but first…

THE JSA BOOK CLUB ROLL CALL

Club Leaders

@JasonTodd428 & @Aurora

Standing Members

Abrax, AggressiveIntellectual219, Alec.Holland, anthony.javier3, Applejack, Azrael_Jean-PaulValley14, BatgirlsAmdSignalBookWhenDC, bbzo24, bigblock66, BlueBeetlesAssistant, BobbinIrving, Boswell99, Brenticus_Rex, bromepeter424, Brownliealex1048, CaptainYesterday, CassTheStreet, CrazyQuilt, Daffern, DarcyPeridot, Darkstarz, dave7atgosky, dave_worrell, DC_Community, Deathstroke’sPunisher, deborahma295, december360, djganon, Doctor075, DocterFate1, Don-El, fawsid, finn.p.campbell,frankie.lacy79, l, Frostbite30, ganaoque, harrist, HombreDeMaiz, hotstufflouie, HubCityAnswer, Jay_Kay, jayspice777, Jflow, jlevin, Jurisdiction, kaliym73, lunalane, mbpbinder, _meegs, Meisaj, Midnitehour, MiscellaneousSoup, MisfitCMJ, mitchellbpearson, MPMCN86, msgtv, Odbo255, PaintEater, parzival27, ProActress, QuadPen, ralphsix, Ravenrifft, Remember5NovEveyHammond, RexRebel, rlynchfamily, Robingames, ROMANLEGION rspezzano, rwm, Ryan22, Schoeswald, Scoop001, Sinestro1,slowp0Ketail, Smallengineerings, SuperBlue Grodd, TheCosmicMoth, Timmay_Bird, TK52, Tommyskindlefire, TurokSonOfStone, YolandaMontezz, ZacharyLee1995

THE JSABC WELCOMES NEW MEMBERS

@rjelm

Remember to join our merry band of JSA fans at the JSA BOOK CLUB just hit the link!

Issues to Read

* All Star Squadron #27-30

Discussion Points

1. Wonder Woman’s Magic Sphere is a pretty cool and useful tool. Would you like to have one?

2. With both Doc Fate and the Spectre out of commission and Spectre’s old foe Kulak set to destroy the Earth what steps would you take to stop him without the aid of magic users?

3. What did you think of Sir Justin’s tale of the Seven Soldiers of Victory?

4. My favorite part of issue #30 was Wonder Woman reminding the rest of the JSA that not all Japanese Americans are the enemy here. What do you think about that statement?

And that’s all for this month folks. Be sure to stay tuned to this club next month as we bring back the good ole summer JSA/JLA crossovers with Justice League of America #107-108, #113 and #123-124.

5 Likes

Nice!

3 Likes

I know I am not a big All-Sta Squad fan, but I really enjoyed these first two issues. I am sure part of it is a focus on the Atom and the rest of the JSA in addition to my favorite member of the team, Firebrand. This was suspenseful and a fun read with nice moments of our heroes being such a great family to each other.

1. Of course.

2. I would have had an anti-magic contingency plan around, but I think that is useless against Spectre. I would have told Green Lantern to try and work up a construct instead of joining the fight at first. Hopefully that works.

I knew Sandy almost made the team (I wish he did), but I did not know Wildcat II nearly had a golden suit. I prefer the black one.

2 Likes
  1. Wonder Woman’s Magic Sphere is a pretty cool and useful tool. Would you like to have one?
    It would be pretty cool to check out an hour in the past, but I’d prefer an hour in the future.
  2. With both Doc Fate and the Spectre out of commission and Spectre’s old foe Kulak set to destroy the Earth what steps would you take to stop him without the aid of magic users?
    Prayer, lots of prayers
  3. What did you think of Sir Justin’s tale of the Seven Soldiers of Victory?
    Quite a shining knight
  4. My favorite part of issue #30 was Wonder Woman reminding the rest of the JSA that not all Japanese Americans are the enemy here. What do you think about that statement?
    Truer words never spoken, but unfortunately humans tend to lump folks in groups good or bad, regardless of the individual.
2 Likes