A small plug for a small arc

I’ve mentioned a few times on here that the Batman: Made of Wood arc is one of my favorite sleeper stories & never had a response. Has anyone else ever read it? If so, did u like it too? Or am I all alone with that one? Detective Comics #784-#786.

4 Likes

I just finished reading Batman: Made of Wood and it. was. EPIC! :clap: I can understand why it’s one of your favorites, @capo-mage (a total sleeper) and I now join you in the ranks. Thank you for the recommendation!

W:exploding_head:W! This little arc is everything a Batman story should be! It reminded me a lot of the Perfect Crime side missions in the Arkham Knight game, with a lot of gritty detective work on the tough streets of Gotham.

The art is a sight to behold. Here are a few pages that I found especially interesting.

Definitely check out these comics here on DCU:

1 Like

Blue you’re my boy, lol. I love it. The passing of the torch from Alan Scott to Batman as protector of Gotham was an awesome idea.

1 Like

:laughing: Lol. Thank you!

I loved the use of Alan Scott’s character in this story! The combination with Jim Gordon’s retirement added depth and richness to the history-spanning case. The vintage visuals were a bonus and really sealed the deal for me, making this a new must-own for my collection.

1 Like

Yeah, I 've read it! It’s included in some collections of The Killing Joke, as I recall.

2 Likes

Batman and Alan Scott, what’s not to like?

1 Like

@KeyFamily, I’m glad I contributed to your collection. @HubCityQuestion I never knew that fact. @McEddard right? Exactly my thoughts.
Ps @KeyFamily that gif is awesome, I can almost hear Ferrell saying it.

1 Like

Me too, @capo-mage :laughing:

1 Like

Never seen it. If you wood give me a link, I would gladly check it out!

1 Like

@Maxie_Spitlick, check out the bottom of my review. All of the links are there. :wink:

1 Like

Also, for future reference I can’t open or give links. I’ve never been able to. Applejack is on the case for me voluntarily tho. Best I can do is type out the comic & issues, which I did do. @KeyFamily helped me out with the links on his own, much appreciated. I’m sorry, I would’ve if it was possible. Also, I like the word play, I see what u did there @Maxie_Spitlick.

2 Likes

Thanks! Also, thanks for letting me know you can’t post links to things like Batman: Made of Wood. I didn’t know that.

1 Like

Your welcome. I think tech is working on it. They’ve never failed me b4 so I’ll let u know as soon as I get it working.

@capo-mage @KeyFamily Thanks for the recommendation capo. That was a great story. I love Ed Brubaker and he did not disappoint. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank u for reading & the feedback. Awesome of u to do that.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation! I’ve had it digitally from Comixology for awhile now and had not gotten around to reading it. It turned out to be a very worthy read that I enjoyed immensely.

Too bad that the copies here do not have the backup stories included. The 4 part Dogcatcher was fun as well.

2 Likes

Very cool that u decided to get to it just b/c I plugged it. Glad u enjoyed it. I don’t think I’ve ever read it with the dog catcher bonus, I’ll look elsewhere for it.

1 Like

I meant the back ups. The dog catcher was good.

@capo-mage The dog catcher backups are included here on DCU. They were fun and I had to read one more issue to finish the story. :grinning:

1 Like

I just posted that. You must’ve posted b4 mine went thru. I posted my correction right above u. I thought there was another back up they didn’t have cuz I read the post wrong. Thank u tho for the heads up :slightly_smiling_face:
Forgot, I’m glad you’re enjoying it & reading it thank u for giving it a look.

1 Like