A Quick Note About Archived Release Delays

Hi everyone! We’ve seen a lot of comments about the temporary hiatus of the archived issues, and I wanted to share a note to let everyone know that while archived releases are temporarily on pause, you can expect them to return in the near future! Please keep your eye out for updates here in our Watchtower section. We’re hoping for an update by end of January 2021.

In the meantime, be sure to keep sharing with us what treasures from DC’s archives you want to see over in our Print-To-Digital Request topic!

27 Likes

Hello, I’m interested in, DMZ. Apparently HBOMAX has a limited series to be released based on that DC Comic. I believe it’s a Black Label book, thanks

3 Likes

Grant Morrison’s Animal Man back on here would be cool.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the update @Applejack ! It is comforting :grinning:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. So are they not doing archival releases on Comixology and the like either? I an not finding them there but might just not be seeing them.

3 Likes

Can we get the, Mad Max: Fury Road, comic books! I can watch that movie over-and-over. It would be cool to have those books here that expand the universe.

3 Likes

Correct - also missing on Comixology these past few weeks

4 Likes

Thank you for the requests, this is good to know they’re in demand! Especially with the DMZ series, as you said :slight_smile: I would also love to see the Fury Road comics on here! We’ll be starting a new topic in the Suggestion Box for these sort of requests, so please stay tuned :flexmentallo_dp:

9 Likes

Thanks for the update, I second Morrison’s Animal Man.

6 Likes

Thanks for keeping us posted.
Did not know they weren’t appearing on ComiXology either.

Looking forward to their return.

4 Likes

While we’re waiting for the older digitized aka “archived” DC Comics to start appearing weekly again, with the lack of any 1960s Metal Men on the site, I texted my son about an hour ago to consider picking me up Metal Men hardcover Archives v1 at a local store I knew had a single copy, cover price ($49.95) for Christmas.

When he didn’t respond for over an hour, I got a little concerned …but then I received this text:

4 Likes

Sounds good. I’ll be reading more modern stuff till then. :relieved:

3 Likes

Can we get some kind of update with what is going on with the archives or backlist in 2023? Why did it go to one book a month? Is this what we should expect now or is it temporary? Thanks.

9 Likes

This has been very strange having no explanation on this situation.

6 Likes

Agreed - adding my request for an update.

5 Likes

Same here. Some of the archive comics were my favorite weekly reads. Very sad to see them disappearing.

5 Likes

Can we at least wait for the December lists before we panic? Maybe it is a one month thing.

6 Likes

Can we panic yet?

3 Likes

2 Likes