A Night in Arkham RPG Thread!

Maybe this is too risky but we outnumber him. We could just have one on each arm and walk him out?

2 Likes

You could try that, yes. That would take two of you, which two do you want it to be?

1 Like

I’m a guard, it’s part of the job… who wants to assist?

2 Likes

I got it!

2 Likes

@kelex roll 2d6

:game_die: 2, 2

1 Like

You successfully grab Ratcatcher and begin the drag him upstairs.

@kelex roll 1d2

:game_die: 2

1 Like

As you march along, you notice that the rats are slowly coming back. The are keeping a short distance ahead of you for now but you think that they will build up confidence before you make it upstairs…

2 Likes

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @kelex display help.

1 Like

I’m not sure what it’s like fighting a hoard of rats but it just doesn’t seem practical to engage them with our bare hands. We could try to call out to Croc but that would be giving Ratcatcher what he wants (despite the likely scenario that Croc will tear him apart).

I’m open to ideas. Push forward? Let Ratcatcher get himself killed? Start stomping rats?

We could also try to appeal to RC that we need to get him upstairs for his own safety.

1 Like

I’ll wait to weigh in until after @LDFM and @Jay_Kay .

A few random things on the backburner that may have been forgotten. I was just going over notes and thought since I needed a refresher you may as well. (Plus, in game, your characters would all know this).

1. Batman is in the building above somewhere.

2. Other cops and whatnot are also upstairs.

3. The power is still out and you are getting around with a flashlight and phone light. Don’t worry about charge, but I wouldn’t get those wet!

4. Croc and Ratcatcher are likely not the only escaped prisoners but they may be the only prisoners that headed to the basement.

5. Rats can swim. (I looked this up to see if the water would affect them getting around in any meaningful way.)

6. There is knee levelish water in the basement. (This was likely Croc’s doing to give him an advantage.)

3 Likes

Yeah, I think it’s best to push forward, because I don’t think the rats can swim faster than we can walk. Besides, stomping rats would make Ratcatcher harder to handle and might alert Croc to what’s going on. And it seems like figuring out why shut off the power is key to figuring out what’s going on.

(It’s funny, I looked it up too when that was first introduced. :rofl: )

2 Likes

I always remembered that scene from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, when they are in the catacombs… yeah rat’s swim. But the logic of them being slow is there.

Head upstairs. Maybe we can seal off the basement so we don’t have to worry about rats following. We can continue questioning Ratcatcher, (although he was really adamant about focusing on Croc), otherwise check the outside power station.

2 Likes

Bare in mind that the rats can get around on the pipes on the ceiling and stone of them are already ahead of you. If you still want to forge ahead that’s valid but they aren’t limited to swimming.

2 Likes

I take it you want to go ahead so

@Kelex roll 2d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 5, 1

2 Likes

The rats are gathering up, the door out of the basement is in sight but it looks like the rats are blocking the way and are about to attack…

What do you want to do?

3 Likes

Crazy idea. Maybe one of us could grab RCs coat (rags or whatever he wears) so the rats think one of us is RC? We could then run back into the sewers–maybe towards Croc’s direction–while the other two and the real RC make it out. Assuming the rats fall for it and would rather follow the fake RC.

2 Likes

Alright, let’s do it, who want to be the decoys?

2 Likes