A New Face at DC: Nice to meet you, I'm Jitsu!

original

Welcome to the community!

18 Likes

Welcome to the team @Jitsu! :batparrot:

tumblr_o2l33cUPWK1qa8jfto1_640

21 Likes

22 Likes

Well hello there Jitsu. :wave: :sunglasses:

Welcome, welcome! :superman_hv_3: :batparrot:

Many cheers to you being apart and now leading the super team of the threads! :clark_hv_4:

17 Likes

Great to have you with us! Hope you’re able to get well acclimated to the Community :heart:

Flash

18 Likes

Welcome and happy to have you!

17 Likes

As John Oliver says, “Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!” @Jitsu! Glad to have a new CM onboard. :hugs:

Okily-dokily! :slight_smile:

1. Do you enjoy The Simpsons and/or Mystery Science Theater 3000?
  2. What are your thoughts on action figures?
  3. Thoughts on Superman?
  4. Your all-time favorite DC title and/or storyline is…?
  5. True or false: Anime kicks ass.
  6. What is your favorite movie and TV series?
  7. Gravy: Fine for a beverage, or really rather best-suited as a topping?
  8. Who would win in a battle, G.I. Joe or Transformers, and why would G.I. Joe be the victor?
  9. Do you enjoy obscure pop culture and references to it?
  10. What’s your favorite DC movie (live-action and/or animated)?

In the words of John McClane, “Welcome to the party, pal!” :blush: :superman_hv_4:

14 Likes

Welcome to DC!

17 Likes

Great to have you! :partying_face: :batparrot:

17 Likes

Welcome aboard!

16 Likes

What an awesome list of questions…Here goes nothin!

1. I enjoy both! I’d say I enjoy MST3K slightly more, but both are wonderful parts of my childhood. The Space Mutiny episode of MST3K is peak comedy.

2. I LOVE ACTION FIGURES. When I worked in the video games industry, I sat directly across from the woman who handled all of our licensing and physical products for the publisher I worked for–so I got a LOT of awesome figures and other cool toys that she was generous enough to give me first dibs on. When I left that job to come to DC, I had 3 boxes FULL of figures and toys.

3. I love Superman! I’m admittedly more of a Batman guy (edgy!), but I think as I grew older, I learned to really appreciate him as a staple of pop culture, and as a symbol.

4. My all-time favorite DC title/storyline has got to be Dark Knight Returns. There’s something about an older, grizzled, tired Batman that speaks to me (lol). Also, his design in that book is so amazing. Beefy Bruce!

5. TRUE TRUE TRUE TRUE. My love for anime runs DEEP. Cowboy Bebop will always be my #1, but my other favorite movies/shows are Samurai Champloo, Ghost In the Shell, Demon Slayer, Vinland Saga, Appleseed, Castlevania, and many many more. Really looking forward to the live action Cowboy Bebop show!

6. My favorite movie is easily the Lord of the Rings–The Two Towers. I love love LOVE everything about Tolkien’s work. I even have full-scale replicas of 3 different swords and axes hanging on my wall! My favorite TV series is probably Cowboy Bebop…it’s my happy place.

7. I respect gravy as a bev, BUT I believe it has a particular skillset that is best suited as a topping/dressing. But I won’t food shame anyone, ever–drink all the gravy you want!

8. Tough question…is this the whole cast from each side? I’ll have to do some more thinking on this one.

9. BIG yes. Reference away.

10. So many to choose from! I love the animated Dark Knight Returns movie SO much (see above). But I also really enjoyed the most recent Suicide Squad movie, and I like the Nolan films as well!

I hope that appropriately answered your Qs! Cheers!

19 Likes

Hey thanks!

15 Likes

Thanks so much! It’s been wonderful so far :smiley:

16 Likes

Hello, new friend… and, well, boss cough! I’m glad to have you aboard and am especially excited to work with you to create an even better community :raised_hands:

17 Likes

Oh my goodness I didn’t see this til now, Hello @Jitsu my name is @Reaganfan78, welcome to DC Universe Infinite, it’s great to have you here, right now I’m calling myself S.T.R.I.P.E.78 due to playing the Tuesday trivia game and after that I’m back as Reaganfan78. Anyway it’s great to meet you. Have a great weekend.:grinning:
Guess you’ll be taking over the Office Hours from @Alec.Holland, it was great having him for a while.

20 Likes

Welcome, welcome.

18 Likes

Welcoming Jitsu
static-shock-virgil-hawkins
@staticshocks: Hey Reaganfan78, wait a second, I need to tell you something!
tumblr_inline_ogesbvhhEH1r1pnxl_400
Reaganfan78: Sure Static, what’s up?
Static
Static: We finally got the new Moderator, here’s the address, be sure to say hello.
Reaganfan78: Thanks, will do.
(Hours later)

Reaganfan78: Well here’s the place. The building look kind of spooky! Well here goes.

Alfred: Hello sir, I’m Alfred, how may I help you?
Reaganfan78: Hello Alfred, I’m here to see Jitsu.
Alfred: Aw yes, right this way sir. If you please, follow me and I’ll take you to him.
Reaganfan78: Thankyou Alfred.
9180-120728918
@Applejack: Oh hey Reaganfan78, I was just leaving, please enjoy meeting and having Jitsu here, he’ll be taking over from now on. Bye.
Reaganfan78: Bye Applejack we’ll miss you and thankyou.
Alfred: If you please sir…Jitsu is in this room.
cc3ee137032a8b409ee67f942ea16696
Reaganfan78: Whoa he’s Batman! I wanted to say welcome @Jitsu, it’s great to have you here.
Batman_(BTAS)
The End…This is just a beginning.
:grinning: :batman:

22 Likes

Welcome. I recommend Picking up Dark Knights of Steel if you haven’t already. =)

16 Likes

Nice to meet you and welcome, @Jitsu! :blush:

dc-super-hero-girls-hooray

17 Likes

I’m a little late to this party, but a late welcome is better than no welcome so…. Welcome! From your responses in this thread, it looks like our community is in good hands :+1:. Hope you drop by the Collector’s Corner area of the forums and check out what’s happening there.

18 Likes