A New Face at DC: Nice to meet you, I'm Jitsu!

Hello Friends!

Just a quick introduction—my name is Jitsu, and I’m the new Senior Community Manger for the amazing DC Community! I’m super thrilled to be joining such an awesome team, and really look forward to getting to know all of you. Before joining DC, I worked for several years in the video games community space, and have a deep love for working with passionate, loving fans—like all of you! I grew up reading lots of comics, particularly Spawn, Batman, and Nightwing, and am always looking for a new exciting book to dive into.

Feel free to reach out with questions, thoughts, your favorite DC stories, or just a friendly wave! I’m steadily learning the DC Community ropes, and can’t wait to have some fun with everyone here.

Here’s to an awesome end of 2021, and an even better 2022 :blush:

Be excellent to each other! :metal:
Jitsu

57 Likes

Heyyyy, Jitsu! Welcome to the team. :v: Super glad to have you!

22 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome–stoked to be here!

22 Likes

Hi.

19 Likes

Hiya!

21 Likes

Welcome! :smiley_cat:

19 Likes

Welcome to the team, Jitsu! Can’t wait to see all the awesome things we’ll achieve as a community in 2022!

20 Likes

Thanks so much! :wave:

17 Likes

Same here! Thanks for the welcome :grin:

17 Likes

I am really pleased to have you as Senior Community Manager

When you have a chance
Take a look at
The private book club leaders forum, the Kryptonian Science Council.

We have recently been discussing issues which you could be a great help
With

Again
Welcome Aboard
Captain

21 Likes

Welcome! Nice to meet you!

19 Likes

@Jitsu

The World of DC Comics is a vast one.

Just in case
You would like
To get more info
On DC History

Here are my links on this

First
Watch
Secret Origins the Story of DC Comics

In that hour and a half you will get a good overview of most of our comic book library. It was filmed in 2009 so of course can’t talk about newer than that

The DC History Club has this video as the topic for the month of September 2020.
For the major comic book eras
Before New 52
We list essential
Comic book issues
For each era
And poll members
For additional issues
Of importance

This is my complete list for New DC Readers. It is intended to introduce most of the major characters of the universe at a basic level. It is by year

This is my
Batman for new readers

if you want to learn significant events in super hero genre history. Most significant issues are mentioned here. It is by year

if you want to learn how Superman Batman.and Wonder Woman were created

17 Likes

Welcome to the team, look forward to getting to know you more in the future.

20 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Jitsu! Glad to have you here. First item on the docket: will you be running a weekly Office Hours thread? Looking forward to your tenure as DCUI’s Community Manager. Have a good weekend!

18 Likes

Welcome @Jitsu! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

17 Likes

Hey thanks for the warm welcome! To answer your question, yes! I definitely plan on continuing the weekly Office Hours, as Applejack did before their departure. More info on that (and much more) soon!

Happy Friday!

21 Likes

Welcome @Jitsu! :partying_face: :hugs:

(…wait…this one might be more fitting, lol.) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::diamonds: :cobb_squad:
Nice to meet you—so glad to finally have a new CM, too! :batparrot: Looking forward to seeing you around and whatever you may have in store! :green_heart: Have a great weekend! #LetTheAgeOfJitsuCommence!

24 Likes

@Jitsu :slightly_smiling_face:

x1890
x1891

21 Likes

Welcome aboard!

19 Likes

A warm Doom Patrol Welcome to @Jitsu ! :dp_robotman:

19 Likes