❤A Mismatched DC Valentine's❤

Killer croc and gorilla grodd

3 Likes

Man, I love these. Thanks, Jay. And Kitty, for the haiku!

3 Likes

Here’s one for Jay_Kay:

“…And if that light goes on, it means there’s movement in Dominator controlled space,” Babs explained. “The GLs have some kind of treaty with them right now, so if they get up to something we’re on our own.”

“Wow,” Vic said. His eyes were transfixed on the wide array of monitors and readouts on the Justice League satellite, miles above the Earth.

“What? Too much to handle for the mighty Cyborg?” Babs prodded.

“Nah,” Vic said. “It’s just- you really handle all this every day? I mean, I got a computer in my head, so it’s no problem for me. But you’re just…”

“Just what?” Babs said, gazing up at him from her wheelchair and over her glasses. “Just a poor, meat-brained human?”

“I wasn’t gonna say that!” Vic said. His face suddenly felt hot.

“Well, how about this?” Babs proposed. “Most of the other Leaguers called out for Valentine’s Day. So why don’t we see who can last longer on monitor duty? The great machine mind, or the lonely librarian?”

For the first time, Vic returns her grin. “Okay, girl. You’re on. Let’s say… the loser buys dinner?”

“Don’t write checks you can’t cash, Cyboy,” Babs returns. “I’ve got expensive tastes.”

Vic takes a seat right next to Barbara and starts running some system checks.

“Yeah, well. Wait’ll you see what Uber Eats charges for delivery to Earth’s orbit.”

6 Likes

@HubCityQuestion
Love it! What a great way to bring Babs and Vic together. So natural and well-done!

3 Likes

Riddler: To Harleys Puddin, Crowbar are red , Crowbar are blue, I’m the best at Riddles, so are you!
Harleys Puddin: Ok that’s going to far!

Riddler: To Applejack, Riddle me this Riddle me that, what kind of Jacks do you find at a ballgame? Answer A Crackerjack!
Applejack: What does that have to do with Valentine’s day? Don’t answer that!

Riddler: To KittyKrawler, Will you be my Valentine?
KittyKrawler: Umm No!

To all the Mods, Happy Valentine’s Day! :grinning:

5 Likes

@Reaganfan78
:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

If I gone a bit far I apologize.

1 Like

Hi I’m new and I’m on dcaa so you might know me

4 Likes

Hi Textmaster14, welcome! Good to have you :slight_smile: Check out our DCAA welcome thread, you’ll see lots of familiar folks there: https://yourdcu.com/dcaa

1 Like

Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy

1 Like

Hey hey, @Textmaster14, welcome!
We’re excited to have ya! ^ ^

Care to throw a pair together? :eyes:

Okay, here’s mine:

FIREFLY x KILLER FROST

Firefly tries to do something nice for his new bae by cooking her a romantic Valentines Day dinner with a recipe from a cookbook he stole from Dr. Fate. The recipe goes on for several pages with increasingly obscure ingredients and randomly switching languages. Nevertheless, he completes the complex meal just as Frost arrives at his apartment. However, he also alters the recipe by sousing the dish with his favorite spicy condiments and flame-broiling it with his brand-new Boring Company Not-A-Flamethrower instead of baking it. This alteration by his unalloyed hands causes the enchanted book to summon forth demons from the nether realm. Frost and Fire must use their resources to prevent these demons from destroying the apartment. After finally vanquishing the demons by destroying the ruined supper, Firefly and Killer Frost agree to go out for sundaes instead.

Meanwhile, Barry Allen and Hal Jordan go on an episode of Wife Swap. Green Lantern shows Iris West the time of her life riding on a magic carpet made from his energy constructs. Flash, on the other hand, runs himself ragged trying to stop Star Sapphire from destroying the city when he asks Carroll Ferris if they can split the bill for dinner.

5 Likes

Mirror Master and Lex Luthor…I’m sure you can think of where I’m going with this…

4 Likes

Lemme give a crack at Killer Croc and Gorilla Grodd…
Grodd: Welcome to the Secret Society, Croc. I’m sure your skills will show the lower beings that they are no longer at the top of the food chain.
Killer Croc: I WILL KNAW ON THEIR BONES!!!
Grodd: Indeed. I see you have the brute force that nevertheless earned your place on this team. Do you have any intellectual feats worth mentioning?
Croc: KNAWING ON BONES!!!
Grodd:…Surely you must have been the tactical leader of the Suicide Squad. Your physique requires a brain struct—
Croc: CRUSH THEIR SKULLS!!!
Grodd:…Perhaps humans aren’t as low as I thought…

4 Likes

@SuperBatDanLantern
Love their fire and ice action. This bit reminds me of that scene from the second season of DC Legends where Amaya’s making donuts and Steel’s like, let’s just get some from the store. lol
Cute superhero bonding story!

I totally lol’d @ Barry having to contain SS after asking her to split the bill. :joy:

4 Likes

@jwarzy5702
:joy::joy::joy:
I love your post so much!
The end line is so perfect.

4 Likes

This is so fun lol

Mine pair would be Vixen and Red tornado

plz someone take a crack at this lol

3 Likes

Mick Rory & Iris West
Batman and Wonder Woman
Firestorm and The Penguin

2 Likes

Thank you all for the great reads. Great initiative Kitty.

2 Likes

Nightwing and Oracle because night wing should be with Strafire

1 Like