A DC "what if" show

Would anyone like to see a dark multiverse or elseworlds tv show on here that shows different what if scenarios? Like what Marvel is doing with Disney plus. One episode could show, what if terra stayed bad and helped slade kill the titans in the Judas contract. What would you like to see if this actually happened?

9 Likes

Some adaptations of existing Elseworlds properties would be nice, particularly the Batman: Red Rain trilogy. As for original content, I’d like to see what would happen if Joker’s wife survived in The Killing Joke or what if Jason Todd survived.

3 Likes

My favorite comics are ones that’s ask “what if?” like kingdom come or injustice (my fave!) so I’d definitely support those one shot episodes analyzing what would happen if certain things went differently. What if Bruce’s parents didn’t die or only one of them did? What in Superman landed somewhere else? What if Jessica Cruz wasn’t attacked?

1 Like

There is certainly an already established “what if” in DC with Elseworlds and dating back to the “imaginary stories” of the silver age. Not to mention various entire timelines and heroes that have been wiped out of existence or due to “reboots”.

1 Like

To see what happens when Bruce’s parents don’t die, see JL:Gods and Monsters it asks 3 big what if’s. Including what if baby Superman was found by a family of illegal immigrant farm workers? What if Diana never left paradise island and what if HighFather assassinated Darkseid? While I adore Gotham by Gaslight and still hold it as #1 in the Elseworld catalogue, I must confess JL: G&M is my second favorite.

Yeah JL: Gods and Monsters was good by saying if these 3 characters weren’t as we knew three there positions would be essentially be filled. That there is a power vacuum that someone will fill as the strongest and the smartest and so on. I especially liked how they brought the new gods into the picture as a substitute for Diana and the “old gods” since the new gods have always been interesting to me especially because we rarely see them on screen.

I think a “what if” show could really have free reign to explore characters in new ways like Gotham by gaslight because who’d think of something as random/unique/intriguing as steampunk Batman?

2 Likes

I thought Elseworlds fills that What If vibe. It would good to see more of those sorts of tangents/questions explored in something specifically dedicated to said exploration.

The idea of a what if version is great! It would have limitless potential as a trial area for spinoffs and fresh renditions of some iconic character…ie Gods and monsters. DC get on that.

1 Like

I would love an elseworlds show!! We could get stuff like Gotham by gaslight and Superman red son… brilliant

2 Likes

I think they will eventually make live action movies out of a few of these classic elseworlds stories. I don’t know if I want them using too many of them on a series like that.

1 Like

I hope they do. All this “shared universe” everybody needs to know everybody else has (a) been done (b) kinda gets boring and predictable after a while,

Imagine having 2.5 hours to tell Red Son as opposed to half that time that it will get in the animated version coming out next year.

If COIE on the CWVERSE goes well. Imagine a full length, live action of the original COIE.

I think folks would go out if their minds if the did a tight live-action version of kingdom come.

2 Likes

If they did a live action 1-2 movies for stories like Kingdom Come and Injustice I’d be so freaking thrilled. They’re way more manageable for the viewers and the studios. And if down the line they wanted to do a shared universe they could do a multiverse event like crisis.

Those self-contained stories are easier to read as comics and would be easier to produce and watch for the average viewer. I’d love to see it.

2 Likes

What if Ray Palmer would of payed more attention to Jean Loring haha

1 Like

My idea on a different Elseworlds pitch thread was. What if all the characters who got made-over i.e. Dr. Light, Copperhead, etc. basically everyone who changed gender, hair color, etc… were all still alive. Perhaps trapped in a dimension together that nobody else knew about. Where they could fight another character that was replaced. Then the winner gets to go back to the DCU in his/her original form & replace their replacement.

2 Likes

If u like steampunk, Amazonia is one of my favorite Elseworlds tales. Everyone is steampunk, especially Diana. Forgot, it’s on site too.

1 Like

One thing worth thinking about is doing more Elseworlds as animation. Since Disney is already committed to “What if…” it would give the appearance of being a follower. Probably not a great idea from a DC mktg strategy.

1 Like

Animation *is *super wide open too. You can achieve so much more then live action & save cash on actors, stunt men etc.

@DeSade-acolyte Or perhaps an Elseworlds where Batman isn’t a serial killer who brands people and Superman really does stand for hope. And all the color isn’t desaturated within an inch of its life? Nah, it would never work.

3 Likes

:rofl:
That idea would make for a great trilogy of films.

1 Like

:joy:

2 Likes