A DC Comic Cover A Day!

Oh I’m sure they’re not across all the series. Lots and lots of silver and bronze age are missing still. Just funny how we have all the super spectaculars for Justice League of America except this one issue.

4 Likes

The reason I mentioned anything is I kind of wanted to read that Starman story they mentioned at the bottom of the cover.

4 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

It should be possible to read EVERY Starman story

3 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

6 Likes

Lol

5 Likes

And let’s expand on last Friday…

Screenshot_2020-11-27 Titans legion universe ablaze 2 - Google Search

7 Likes

@Don-El can tell us about the rueful day the DC Implosion caused Jim Starlin to take his name off of this issue when it got cut from 25 to 23 pages… without informing him, first,

7 Likes

The horror continues in this issue!!! Of course, this all takes place in the wake of the original idea being to do the entire story as a one-shot limited collector’s edition-- like the one Mike Grell got to do with Paul levitz.

7 Likes

Oh yes the DC Implosion that Scholars have been studying for decades!

Could it happen yet again?

6 Likes

Some would argue that the pandemic implosion is already occurring

6 Likes

Look, @Don-El!! Erg-1 survived being a “One-Shot Hero!!”

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing the color version of the cover, @MisfitMarvelElf ! Sadly, this comic is not in our Digital collection here on DC Universe, and Grandpa Don-el only owns the black and white newsprint paper Showcase version ( I might start using them as coloring books with my fancy colored pencils, so tempting…)

Yes, why bother digitizing some of the earliest Dave Cockrum artwork and have it available to us in color, that would be a terrible thing obviously hee hee hee… not to mention this particular story continues the development of the Wildfire character. Fun cover here by Nick Cardy.

4 Likes

Superboy. The Legion. And the magnificence of the 100 page super-spectacular.

6 Likes

6 Likes

Coming in Januray

Screenshot_2020-12-02 Other History of the DC Universe #2 (of 5) (Cover B - Jamal Campbell Variant)

5 Likes

4 Likes