A DC Comic Cover A Day!

World Of Krypton by John Byrne

9 Likes

I love that this particular image was remastered so that Robin’s yellow cape can contrast in the B’Man #1 yellow background. As we know the original picture presents his cape in green 'cuz I guess Bob K. wasn’t able to muster this same level of contrast because of the printing limitations of 1940 maybe? :thinking:

7 Likes

When I wuz little I liked the green cape better. Now, I’m just so used to the yellow…

6 Likes

Mike Grell

6 Likes

The issue where the title of the book actually became Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes.

Screenshot 2022-09-20 at 15-39-53 Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes Vol 1 222

(Although the indicia may not have changed until the next issue)

It;s also interesting to note that while Jeanette Khan hated the Teen Titans, Legion stories started proclaiming themslves teen team action! Even as the X-Men all got to be graduate students

6 Likes

Gil Kane 1952

yes Rex is fighting the North Koreans

9 Likes

I am just an amateur color fixer and I use the free gimp on the free linux mint to do minor color fixes. The only art I have colored is the Squadron Of Justice by Kurt Schaffenberger which I put in the section My DC (It is a very amateur work bec I have not yet learned how to do layers but this is the only color version of this art by Kurt Schaffenberger that I know of). Not sure if Squadron Of Justice has lots of fans bec even the writer of Crisis On Infinite Earths did not use most of the Squadron Of Justice (the writer also did not use Hal Jordan who had no ring during Crisis On Infinite Earths and also did not use most of the New Gods).

4 Likes

Perpetua by Rafael Albuquerque

7 Likes

I need to go and grab some more Elseworld covers but since no one has done some of these as far as my skimming showed…

11 Likes

MD “Doc” Bright 1992

7 Likes

7 Likes

New Gods by Walt Simonson

8 Likes

Kurt Schaffenberger 1962

8 Likes

5 Likes

Happy DCUI anniversary @MisfitCMJ! :tada: :tada: :tada:

6 Likes

JH Williams III 2007

7 Likes

@CaptainYesterday always posting the good stuff that jogs your memory. You too @colonyofcells_iamamachine. :smiley: :+1:

4 Likes

World Of Krypton by John Byrne

6 Likes

Awwwww.

Call me Freddy.

3 Likes

Happy anniversary @MisfitCMJ!

3 Likes