A DC Comic Cover A Day!

Al Milgrom and Alex Saviuk 1978

only 35 copies printed!
glorious black & white art!
not available at newsstands anywhere!

8 Likes

While some of the ‘lost’ issues have appeared in some collections, I think it should be released as a two-volume set. I think it would sell well and be successful.

4 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite.

First, kudos for DC archiving 50 of the original House of Mystery and nice runs—with no holes! I fondly remember the first wave 80-page Dollar Comics and House, was one that wave. Imagine a fan getting a puny regular book, and the next time—an 80-page tome replaces it! Today’s pick is that first Dollar Comic—HofM 251 (1977).

House_of_Mystery_v.1_251

7 Likes

World’s Finest. GI Combat, and finally Superman Family rounded out the first wave. Batman Family was next.

3 Likes

Jim Aparo 1981

8 Likes

I’ve never had any interest in horror comics, but I remember that cover from the ads. Neal Adams is my all time favorite cover artist.

3 Likes

80 years ago this week.

The most important character isn’t mentioned on the cover…

9 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite. EXCEPT somehow I missed YESTERDAY! I blame it on Bat-Mite!

Today—as with my other social media accounts-- is Silver Age Saturday…

Now, that brings today’s pick: Detective Comics 267 (1359)—the 1st appearance of Bat-Mite! How can the archives NOT have this comic available !?! Blame it on, Mr. Mxyzptlk!

Detective_Comics_267

6 Likes

Reed Crandall 1941

This comic came out in October 1941 and Uncle Sam is defending Pearl Harbor! Why? The Germans are bombing it!

This man still had the comic years later.

8 Likes

9 Likes

Todd McFarlane 1986

8 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot in the archives! Today—as with my other social media accounts—is Golden Age Sunday!

Okay, I admit I’m not too fond of the fact the JSA got booted from their comic to make for All-Star Western. However, the title went on for ten years before ending in 1961 with #119. DC can use more Westerns—both from the Golden and Silver Age. So start with All-Star Western 58 (1951) as today’s pick to add to the Archives.

7 Likes

Recently, I started re-reading the post-Crisis JLA. The one with Giffen, DeMatteis, and Maguire. I’d forgotten how much fun the series was—and still is today. Then my reading bliss came to a screeching halt—the Archives are missing issues 33-36.

At first, I thought it was some Blue & Gold scheme or some Maxwell Lord nefarious plot—but nope! So, today’s pick is the first issue of those missing issues #33.

JLA 33

7 Likes

Carmine Di Giandomenico 2016

6 Likes

Curt Swan 1961

7 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite. Usually, I suggest comics I truly should be considered for the Archives—holes in runs, key issues, and more non-superhero genres.

Today is an exception as I take the selfish route! Instead, I’m choosing the childhood nostalgia route when I was first introduced to Action Comics. So, today’s pick is Action 471 (1977), which is close to my title introduction!

Action_Comics_471

6 Likes

The (infamous) cover of the only 1970s issue of Action Comics on the DCUI service.

Bob Oksner 1975

Yes, NOT GOOD

7 Likes

But-- it’s not a lie!!

2 Likes

Oh… don’t get me started on the lack of 70s Action! I’ve often whined & complained over what they add to the Archives? Really… how much time/money does it take to scan & correct flaws in a comic !!!

2 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite.

First, let me give gratitude for DC adding to some of the holes in Wonder Woman! However, I think Wonder Woman 269 (Jy 1980) should be added to the archives. A new chapter in the Book of Diana begins here!

Also, by adding WW 270-273—you get a good chunk towards completing the last of the issues of that first run.
Wonder_Woman_Vol_1_269

6 Likes