A DC Comic Cover A Day!

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite.

Today—as with my other social media accounts-- is Silver Age Saturday…

I cannot think of why this often reprinted classic is not part of the Archives! Today’s pick Superman 149 (1961) has the Imaginary Story of “The Death of Superman.” Guest-staring is just about everything in the Superman mythos—from Krypto to the Legion!

10 Likes

I understand due to estate & copyright issues that comic, Bob Hope, Jerry Lewis, and the like will never get archived. Too bad, because some of them are pretty good and offer a unique historical perspective-- on the times and the comics themselves.

4 Likes

Well, I did learn my lesson after Showcase-- no one ever got my comics & I never brought any to school! Funny, how it is a ‘back in my day’-- because comics are so much more accepted these days. Hard to imagine a teacher tearing up a comic. If anything-- might take it & read it themselves during lunch!

6 Likes

If I was a teacher I’d have a comic section of the bookshelf! Heck my senior year my English teacher taught a semester on superheroes!

5 Likes

DC’s best teacher

Rich Buckler 1977

9 Likes

TDOS

That story title def conjures up the early 90s memories.

Thx for posting this @Fantastic-Comic-Fan. :+1:
:00_superman: :00_superman1:

8 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite.

Today—as with my other social media accounts—is Golden Age Sunday!

Doesn’t the OWNER of the Daily Planet deserve a few MORE issues in the Archives? It’s been almost TWO YEARS since any issues have been added! Obviously, todays pick is Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen 9 (1955).

8 Likes

Darryl Banks 1996

7 Likes

Robins #4 cover by Jen Bartel!

7 Likes

thank you for posting this, this is defiantly one of my favorite covers, now i have to make sure to pick this up when its released.

6 Likes

Jen Bartel’s wraparound cover for the upcoming “Trial of the Amazons” crossover…

6 Likes

Super model Steph?

4 Likes

Today’s pick is Sinister House of Secret Love 1 (1971).

Don Heck is known for his superhero work, but his real talents lay in other genres. Here, Heck does the lead story, and his non-superhero work deserves more recognition. Besides, this was a short-lived title—only four issues.

Sinister House 1

8 Likes

They are “workout” variants for each of the Robins issues. There’s one for Dick, Jason and Tim as well.

Dick is definitely the super model. Nothing comes between him and his Calvins.

4 Likes

Pete Woods 2007

7 Likes

First, the Archive needs to add more Superman Family! However, the 200th issue travels to the future—where everyone gathers to celebrate Lois & Clark’s Wedding Anniversary. Each member gets their spotlight tale—as in previous issues. I fondly remember the issue!

Superman Family 200 Apr 1980

Superman_Family_Vol_1_200

7 Likes

from the GOGO Checks era

Curt Swan 1966

6 Likes

Justice League of America #1

8 Likes

Batman 19-20 (New 52) by Capullo, Miki, and Plascencia.

7 Likes

Admittedly, lots of the Bronze Age came and went without much thought. But, for the times, it was… well, different. Bad Guys didn’t get their series, and the title had a long run before being wiped away by the DC Implosion. Secret Society (1976) is today’s pick—and years ago, DC released a digital collection of the series. So it’s not like they’d have to do much work adding it to the archives!

8 Likes