A DC Comic Cover A Day!

Joe Quesada (yep the very one you’re thinking of) 1991

8 Likes

1st appearance of Elongated Man

9 Likes

Every day I spotlight a comic I think should be archived for the service!

Today: House of Mystery 251- Apr 77. The title was one of the first wave of Dollar Comics—80 pages and no ads! Unfortunately, there were only nine issues in this format. I’d like to see more of those Dollar Comic titles added over time.

House_of_Mystery_v.1_251

8 Likes

Robson Rocha 2016

7 Likes

What belongs on here?

Every DC Comic ever produced. (Including all companies and characters picked along the way.)

5 Likes
5 Likes

Well, I’m just posting covers I think should belong in the Archives. I, like many others, would appreciate more titles added each month-- from the whole history of DC. When posting a cover, I have a legit reason why it should be considered.

6 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite. No comic is safe! As today’s pick shows…

After Starfire and before the Titans Starfire—there was this short-lived series! Okay, okay, I know this is probably at the bottom of everyone’s list, but DC does archive quirky stuff—like the even shorter Stalker! For fans of Englehart’s work—he did write the final two issues of the series.

8 Likes

Mike Parobeck 1990

7 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite.

Green Lantern hasn’t had anything archived in ages! True, we get to 93—then nothing but a long run of missing issues. DC revived the series in 76 with issue 90—in the capable hands of Dennis O’Neil & Mike Grell. O’Neil would stay until issue 100—and Grell with 99.

So today’s pick is Green Lantern 94- My 77—since it picks up their run! It would be nice to one say to see their whole run archived.

Green_Lantern_Vol_2_94

7 Likes

Super Friends go to a “Pop Culture” convention

Ramona Fradon 1980

9 Likes

Every day I suggest a comic I think deserves a spot to be archived and added to DC Infinite.

Currently, the DC Archive is missing Action Comics 653 thru 658,660 and 662-668. In the Triangle Days, each title—for the most part—continued into the next. So, for example, issue 654 is also the last part of the three-part ‘Dark Knight Over Metropolis.

So the pick today-- Action Comics 653- My 1990

Action_Comics_653

7 Likes

and here it is

Jerry Ordway, Dan Jurgens and Kerry Gammill 1990

A special crossover for me as it inspired me to start reading comics again after a more than six year absence

STILL ONLY 75 CENTS!

8 Likes

I actually enjoyed the series back in the Triangle Days! Some good stuff!

5 Likes

Today is Silver Age Saturday…
Do you know it’s been almost TWO YEARS since the service added anything from Lois Lane’s Silver Age title?!?

Today’s pick is where they left off—Lois Lane 22 (Jan 61). Interestingly, they used Lois’s x-ray for the cover and not the lead story: “The Day When Superman Proposed.”

Lois_Lane_22

7 Likes

Mac Raboy 1941

8 Likes

Today—as with my other social media accounts—is Golden Age Sunday!

Admittedly, I’d like DC to fill existing holes in titles (I’m talking to you, Action Comics!) or complete titles (What’s it gonna take to give us the rest of the Bronze Phantom Strange issues ?!?).

I feel Adventure Comics gets treated worse than Cinderella! It was once DCs longest-running title and long-term home for the Legion—until a certain Kryptonian evicted them. So let’s see Adventure Comics 200 (1954) added!

The cover has Superboy AND apes! I’m not talking about using only the lead story as DC often does with these older titles. I want the whole thing. The rest of the issue features Johny Quick, Aquaman, and Green Arrow.

Adventure_Comics_200

6 Likes

Brian Bolland 2001

7 Likes

@Fantastic-Comic-Fan Starfire was a fun series. FYI, the Fire & Water Network just did a podcast discussing this short lived series. The links below are for the podcast and the accompanying image gallery. Enjoy!

cc @DC89 You might want to check out the other Starfire while you’re channeling on Wednesdays.

4 Likes

Flash #113, 1st appearance of The Trickster

9 Likes