A DC Action Figure/Statue/Bust A Day!

Interesting. That’s a decent price for four figures, especially since DCD never did another Byrne Superman.

Anyhow…today’s figure:

Harley Quinn #1 came out this week, so here’s a look at Spin Master’s upcoming 4" Harley
(@Razzzcat, @TheKateKane, check 'er out!), due out this summer:

5 Likes

Love my Alex Ross inspired BG figure sooo much. :grinning: :purple_heart: :0_batgirl:

6 Likes

Ooh, Justice/Justice League Babs! :+1:t2:

I’ve never bought anything from that line, but this Batman has always grabbed my four eyes:

On the note of Spin Master and Batgirl, their first 4" figure of Babs, due soon:

@Applejack :point_up:t2:

4 Likes

whoa, it looks nice!! :hushed: i’ll have to watch out for it!

4 Likes

She’s in a wave with Deathstroke and Batwing (along with a repaint of Batman and Robin or two)! :hugs: Definitely a solid wave from what’s been shown.

Again, not due out until summer. Plenty of time to save your pennies. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

:grinning: :purple_heart:

6 Likes

Indeed! She’s been showing up at Target, and more recently, Walmart. I haven’t found her yet, but I have a feeling I will, and soon. Yes, soon.

BTW, this will be me when I do see Babs on the pegs:

3 Likes

And speaking of Batgirl, these slices of Mattel-made plastic badassery:

Released in 2006:

Released in 2007:

3 Likes

Happy :00_dc_pride: Pride Month! :00_dc_pride_bs:

If you’re curious just which characters from the LGBTQIA+ corners of the DCU have made it to figure form, here’s a few of them to check out!

:00_lc_green_lantern1: Alan Scott Green Lantern :00_lc_green_lantern1:

Golden Age Justice Society of America (DC Direct, 2000)

DC Universe Classics (Mattel, 2010)

The New 52 (DC Collectibles, 2014)

:00_aquaman_rebirth: Aqualad :00_aquaman_rebirth:

Brightest Day (DC Direct, 2011)

Young Justice (Mattel, 2011)

6"-scale Young Justice (Mattel, 2011 or '12)

:boom: The Authority (DC Direct, 2000) :muscle:t2:

Apollo

Midnighter

Sadly, the figures above are our only figural representations of these titans. Hopefully that will one change, one day.

:00_batwoman: Kate Kane Batwoman :00_batwoman:

52 (DC Direct, 2007)

Infinite Heroes (Mattel, 2009)

DC Bombshells/Ant Lucia Designer Series (DC Collectibles, 2017)

DC Nano die-cast metal mini figures (Jada Toys, 2018)

DC Multiverse (Mattel, 2018)

:harley_hv_1: Harley Quinn :harley_hv_4:

The Adventures of Batman and Robin (Kenner, 1997)

DC Universe Classics (Mattel, 2008)

DC Bombshells (DC Collectibles, 2017)

DC Icons (DC Collectibles, 2017)

DC Nano die-cast metal mini-figures (Jada Toys, 2017)

DCAU:

Silver and black:

Suicide Squad:

4"-scale DC Comics Multiverse (Mattel, 2015)

6"-scale Suicide Squad releases from DC Comics Multiverse (Mattel, 2016)

General retail release

Toys R Us exclusive

Amazon exclusive

12" DC Comics Multiverse (Mattel, 2016)

6"-scale DC Multiverse (Mattel, 2019)

DC Multiverse (McFarlane Toys, 2020)

:black_circle: Obsidian :black_circle:

Justice League Unlimited (Mattel, 2007)

Target exclusive six-pack (2009-ish)

DC Universe Classics (Mattel, 2010)

:poisonivy_hqas: Poison Ivy :0_poison_ivy_bombshells:

Batman: The Animated Series (Kenner, 1994)

Batman & Robin (Kenner, 1997)

Batman: Hush (DC Direct, 2003)

The Batman (Mattel, 2006)

DC Universe Signature Collection (Mattel, 2013/'14)

DC Multiverse (Mattel, 2019)

:star: The Ray :fireworks:

Justice League Unlimited (Mattel, 2006 or '07)

DC Multiverse (2019)

:00_wonder_woman_stars: Wonder Woman :00_wonder_woman_gold:

Super Powers Collection (Kenner, 1984)

DC Comics Super Heroes (Toy Biz, 1989)

JLA (Hasbro, 2000)

Justice Society of America (DC Direct, 2000)

Wonder Woman (DC Direct, 2000)

Justice League (Mattel, 2003)

Wonder Woman (DC Direct, 2007)

DC Universe Classics (Mattel, 2008)

Flashpoint (DC Direct, 2011)

DC Comics Unlimited (Mattel, 2012 or '13)

The New 52 (DC Collectibles, 2012)

DC Comics Multiverse (Mattel, 2016)

DC Bombshells/Ant Lucia Designer Series (DC Collectibles, 2016)

12" DC Comics Multiverse (Mattel, 2017)

DC Multiverse Signature Collection (2018)

DC Multiverse (Mattel, 2019)

DC Multiverse (McFarlane Toys, 2020 and 2021)

Whew! Quite a list, huh? The above are but a tiny fraction of the figures the more well-known characters in this list have to their name, but it’s a nice slice of their action figure pie, while this list as a whole serves to highlight the impact that assorted Pride characters have made on the DC Universe across comics, movies and/or TV.

You know you’ve made The Scene in the DCU when you get an action figure! :partying_face: :champagne:

9 Likes

So much goodness. couple of thoughts. That Midnighter looks pretty cool. Ivy figures either look super cool/attractive or kinda weird.

7 Likes

Indeed. DC Direct’s Authority line is on my DCD Wish List. They’re outdated in terms of sculpt, articulation and the like, but as The Authority volume 1 is one of my absolute all-time favorite comics EVER, I’ll take what I can get of it in toy form. :nerd_face:

Yeah…Ivy is one of those well-known characters that has a decent number of figures to their name, yet very few of them are home runs, you know? They’re either:

• average
  • okay
  • good
  • pretty good

I don’t have a favorite Ivy figure, but if I were to pick one, I guess it would be…the BTAS iteration from 1994. She matches her source material perfectly and has accessories perfect to the character, while her articulation is on-point for the type of figure she’s meant to be.

We could definitely use more Poison Ivy figures, though. Be it in her Caucasian form, green-skin look, whatever. We just need some solid, A+ Ivy figures. Personally, I’d LOVE to see her, Harls and the rest from the Harley Quinn TV series. That’s a perfect spot to finally give fans a solid Ivy figure or five from.

I’m also confident that if McFarlane could do his take on Ivy the way he has with Batman (and will do with Wonder Woman later this year), that that too would be a homer for Pam.

5 Likes

Waiting on McFarlane to make a Harley that resembles this, or the current costume with pants and the blue & pink hair.

You put a lot of time into that list, Vroomy. Thanks for sharing; was a fun time :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

Do you have that Harley? She’s just behind the DCUC iteration as far as my favorite Mattel Harleys go. I have to say, I do have a soft spot in my heart for the first release of her Kenner figure too. In typical Kenner fashion, they nailed her 100%, right from the start.

That Walmart-exclusive Harley from above is also the first one to have removable balls fluffy shoe balls (again, that’s fluffy shoe balls, made of cloth just to be 100% clear :slight_smile: :wink: ) that can be removed from her shoes. Batman may have one million and one variants, but do any of them have removable schtuff from his feet that isn’t assorted types of armor and the like? Noooope! :grin:

Thank you for reading, and I’m glad you enjoyed it.

As for piecing it together, the time just flew by! Imagine if I got paid to write about DC toys (or, gasp, have a hand in designing them!) for a living. One day, maybe! :crossed_fingers:t2:

4 Likes

I don’t have any Harley pieces and, like, 3 Mattel figures (Superman Red & Blue and Lynda Carter, off the top of my head). Not against going for more, but trying to avoid dipping into yet another line, you know? That is my favorite aesthetic for Harley though, so if no one else makes it… maybe I’ll cave.

I’ve always thought to myself, if I win the lottery, I’m opening up a comic book / collectible store. I would strive to offer everything, which probably wouldn’t be a profitable approach… hence the need for winning the lottery.

3 Likes

…and you’d hire me, and when good and/or better condition Super Powers items came in, they would just automatically go to me, yeeesss? Come on, you’d make money off of other stuff. Like…IDK…Pokemon cards. The comic store I was a regular at from 2003-2011 made a ****-ton of money off of Pokemon cards. Or so the owner told me. They closed in 2011, sadly.

Anyhow, your store can make oodles o’ sweet, sweet cash from Pokemon and assorted miscellanea, whilst I (your first Employee of the Month, yeah? :wink:) huddle into the corner with Super Powers trade-ins, muttering “Yes, they’re mine! All miiiine!” as I start to develop Gollum-esque ticks and the like. :grin:

Oh, in between customers, I might zone out in the back to new comics and YouTube toy hunt videos. Just letting you know now, Boss! :slight_smile:

Anyway…if I won the lottery…after donating a decent amount to assorted charities, I’d probably book a flight to Cincinnati, Ohio to see if I could noodle around Kenner’s former offices. Sure, the Good Stuff is long, long gone, but you never know what might have been stashed in a closet, the basement, etc, even after new businesses moved into Kenner’s old pad.

Should I not find anything of note in their former digs, I would then traverse comic and specialty toy shops in the nearby area. Its a fact that former Kenner employees have sold items of note to those types of stores in the past.

4 Likes

Are you open to moving? If so, I have the same aspirations as @moro if I win the lottery.

4 Likes

Pokemon cards wasn’t what I had in mind, but I guess you gotta keep your customers happy.

Sure I’d hire you, and seems like your bonuses will be manageable; I can just pay you in Super Powers figures! Gotta hit that pesky jackpot first though :slightly_smiling_face:.

5 Likes

Updated the Pride post with Alan Scott Green Lantern and Obsidian figures.

@Razzzcat, @Mae, @moro, @D4RK5TARZ and anyone else who’s interested. :point_up:t2:

@D4RK5TARZ Depends. If my moving expenses and first year or so of housing are covered, then sign me up. :slight_smile:

Of course, @moro is in CA, so I can just drive there. Sure, it’s a two day (+/-) commute, but I’ll toss in twelvers of Dr. Pepper and Mountain Dew, while making arrangements to stay at a quaint, comfy, li’l Motel 6 I can rest my head at. :sleeping: My Motel 6 will hopefully be within walking distance of a cozy, greasy spoon of a restaurant where the smell of decades of coffee is baked right into the walls. Ideally, my server will be named Flo, and be a real friendly, salt of the earth type. :slight_smile:

@moro Pending your hitting the jackpot, I’m hired, just like that? Keen!

Frisbees resume out past his patio and into the wind

6 Likes

In honor of Infinite Frontier #1, on sale 6/22…

4 Likes

In honor of Batman Day tomorrow (the 18th), I wanted to showcase some of my favorite figures of Batman, as well as his allies, enemies and what have you.

Kenner Super Powers

Toy Biz (1989-1991)

Kenner/Hasbro (1990-2003)

Mattel (2003-2020)

McFarlane Toys (2020-)

Spin Master (2020-)

DC Direct/Collectibles (1999-2020)

Those are some of my favorite Batman and Batman-related figures from across the decades, companies and lines.

If you have any favorite Batman figures you’d like to share in honor of this year’s Batman Day, please do. :batparrot: :0_batman:

5 Likes