80's Series Recommendations?

Thanks for the signal boost and recommendations. Booster is def my favorite b-list character and among my faves of the New 52, so I can’t wait. I’ll def look into BB, and pick swamp thing back up…and I appreciate an occasional marvel rec too!

3 Likes

Thanks Much! I will, I remember they were publishing a new Checkmate when I started reading comics again, and didn’t bother to pick it up. I’ll def check it out

2 Likes

I have to say, that I should have referenced this earlier. I’m with you so much. DOOM PATROL show was the main reason I got this app!

2 Likes

The 2000’s Checkmate is also great!

3 Likes

Booster Gold vol. 1 is a super fun read.

5 Likes

Green Lantern became an actual franchise based on the relaunch in 1990. Unfortunately, this app doesn’t have the first four years.

4 Likes

The Fury of Firestorm, while uneven, had some great moments.

4 Likes

History Club just did Ostrander’s Suicide Squad. Once it gets going this is a great book

2 Likes

Highly second Ostranders SS run, Wolfman & Pere’z TT run, Camelot 3000, I, personally would put Pere’z WW run in with anything, period. It’s usually love or hate. I think it’s one of the best. Infinity Inc. 84’ as mentioned above, but I’d highly suggest doing the Generations Saga. All Star Squadron #25 & #26 annual #2 then start infinity Inc. #1-4 & go from there . I’d suggest reading up to #26 then go Generations saga. Then go back & read All Star Squadron (it will tell u where to go & all the secret origins etc are on here) then read Young All Stars. Hourman 99’ & better if you’ve read DC One Million 1st. Peter David’s Supergirl (1996), definitely 2nd Morrison’s Doom Patrol & there’s some good Swamp Things in the 80’s. Great Nightwing throughout the 90’s (Brothers in Blood, Renegade, Hunt for Oracle, the Lost Year etc.). As well as The Flash ( Dead Heat, Chain Lightning Terminal Velocity all 87’ that whole runs great). Geoff Johns Flash run is a must The Flash 87’ #164-#225. Loeb & Sale’s Challengers of the Unknown 91’, also 96’ & 97’ Challengers of the Unknown by Grant, Kaminski & Leone. Superman Lightning Strikes Acton Comics #826, Adventures of Superman #639 & Superman #216 (87’). Robin 1991 a hero reborn: Batman #455-457, Robin (91’) #1-5. Than Robin II Jokers Wild 1-4, than Robin III Cry of the Huntress 1-6, Than Huntress Benedictions 94’ Showcase #5, Robin (93’) #6, 94’ Showcase #6. That’s a great read.

3 Likes

Vigilante (1983), by Marv Wolfman is a fun book.

5 Likes

I would agree with the Outsiders, Titans, & Legion, not just due to the writers but the artists (Aparo, Perez, & Giffen respectively).

4 Likes

My recommendation: Firestorm had a great series called “The Fury of Firestorm” in the early 80s. Check it out, it’s awesome.

1 Like

@LooseNate I think you should check out the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle while you’re at it. The 2011 series is among the best stories I’ve ever read.

2 Likes

You know what, Amethyst never gets any love. So I’m going to say read Amethyst.

3 Likes