5 Underrated Wonder Woman Moments

Today in our news section, writer Joshua Lapin-Bertone explores some unsung moments in Wonder Woman history in honor of Day of Wonder.

What about your beloved and rarely mentioned feats from our favorite Themysciran princess? Let us know in the comments below!

5 Likes

New 52 Justice League (2011) Issue 11, The Villain’s Journey part 3, “Atonement”, where Wonder Woman busts out of Hal Jordan’s construct, fights him, and in the process kicks Supes into a car! It was hilariously written and has gorgeous artwork.

3 Likes

I’m sure these feats are well-known but for anyone that doesnt know here’s the strength and speed of the amazonian princess…

Diana helping move warwold…

3 Likes

Here’s Diana keeping up with Jesse Quick…

2 Likes

And last but definitely not least… Diana’s bracelets deflecting the combined power of the entire Greek Pantheon… :muscle:t3:

3 Likes

Those are all beautifully drawn, but the overall use of color on that last page is positively breathtaking!

1 Like

@Applejack :100:

1 Like

Diana getting rejected by Batman in Justice league animated show. Gets me every time

3 Likes

This is my all time favorite Wonder Woman story/moment. Rags Morales art is so good.

2 Likes

Finally, someone giving a little credit to Perez. George reimagined the ENTIRE (well, okay, to be fair I’m sure he left something out) WW mythos for a new generation, not to mention Greek Mythology. I really don’t think the Modern Era would have been the same without the foundation he laid.

1 Like

I can’t find that article & I’m sure it’s well known. Even so, my favorite moment is in The Eyes of The Gorgon when she blindfolds, then blinds herself thru the snake venom from Medusa’s head so she can defeat her on live tv.

1 Like

Sorry @RandallusPrime I think I bumped reply when I was enjoying your pics & post & replied to u by mistake.

Pere’z’ WW is one of my all time favorite reads ever. It’s a love it or hate it type deal. I love it soooo much.