3000 Piece DC Puzzle Project

Way back in May I bought this lovely puzzle, and while I wasn’t sure how long it was going to take me, I knew that once I had it all finished and framed, I would share my journey with the community. Overall, it took just under a month to complete, and then I had to wait a couple months for the custom frame. So without further ado, here’s some WIP pics:

I should mention at this point that the puzzle was GIGANTIC, so I had to split it into fourths to make it even remotely manageable. Here are the finished fourths:

And here they are again, this time all together and ready for framing:

Lastly, here it is mounted on my wall, with a tasteful black metal frame :grin:

Like I said, this thing is huge, and while there were definitely times that I was cursing myself for thinking that buying a 3000 piece puzzle was a good idea, I can’t express how much fun I had piecing it together. If anyone is interested in getting their hands on one of these puppies, the manufacturer’s name is Aquarius, and the puzzle itself is sold in various sizes across the Internet. Take it from me though, save yourself some grief and order the 1000 or 1500 piece version :joy: :joy: :joy:

47 Likes

Yes!!! I have this puzzle and to this day it’s the most challenging one…but also the most satisfying when it’s finished

3 Likes

Wow that’s so cool! What are end dimensions? It looks huge!

3 Likes

Dimensions are a whopping 32" x 45"! I should count myself lucky that I even had that much wall space to spare :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Wow. That is impressive! Congratulations!

3 Likes

This is amazing, well done! It looks magnificent.

3 Likes

That looks great

3 Likes

How much was it?

3 Likes

I believe it was around $40-$50. The smaller sizes are significantly cheaper.

3 Likes

Awesome puzzle

3 Likes

I love this picture. Only reason why I wouldn’t go through what you did is because the picture is clearly cropped on the top, cutting out heroes.

3 Likes

Wow, this is really cool. Looks like fun

2 Likes

This is so cool! I’m just amazed you managed to keep it all together and didn’t lose a single piece! Incredible. :relaxed:

3 Likes

I found this image in the wallpaper thread and loved it so much that I made it my phone wallpaper. I had no idea it’s a puzzle, that’s cool.

2 Likes

Nice! I put the same puzzle (3000 pieces and all) together last year. I am curious on how much the frame cost you? I wanted to frame mine but thought it would be stupid expensive so I put the top half in one frame and the bottom half in another frame and it still looks good.

2 Likes

The frame itself, which includes heavy duty clear acrylic and a foamcore backing, cost me about $170. After factoring in shipping and handling/ oversized shipping, the total came to $300

Here’s a link, in case you’re interested:
https://www.pictureframes.com/

2 Likes

Looks great. Might have to get one myself

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Yours looks great!

2 Likes

That’s sooooo cool. I can’t wait to get one.

2 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes