3 New Series I'd Like to See

your comment quickly gets confusing if you start to over think it like I am currently doing =).

2 Likes

Sorry!

You have a point with your other post, though :smiley:

2 Likes

No problem I tend to overthink a lot of things.

2 Likes

Relatable! I do the same thing.

2 Likes

When most people think of the JSA they think of a team that has members like Stargirl, Powergirl, Wildcat, and Black Adam, all members who were not in their first appearances.

2 Likes

I think Allen Scott (first green lantern), Jay Garrick (flash), black canary (I) and hawkman. the trinity enter the group later if i remember right, given i am just about to go to bed i am likely not.
Powergirl and Huntress (Helena Wayne) are second gen members along with obsidian and jade. Robin being a 1.5 gen member i view Wildcat mores batman’s replacement for the golden age era.

2 Likes

Black Canary and Wonder Woman are 1 5. Robin and Wildcat are 2.

Supes and Bats helped found the team. Superman became a gen 2 member. Bats never really joined.

Other than that correct.

2 Likes

I’m taking back two of my options!

My new list is:

1. Hitman
  2. Section Eight
  3. Vibe
2 Likes

From what I’ve read, the classic JSA lineup is:
Alan Scott (Golden Age Green Lantern & Chairman of JSA)
Jay Garrick (Golden Age Flash)
Carter Hall (Hawkman)
Dr. Kent Nelson (Dr. Fate)
Shiera Saunders-Hall (Hawkgirl)
Johnny Lightning & his Lightning Bolt
Al Pratt (Golden Age Atom)
Det. Jim Corrigan (Spectre)
Kal-L/Clark Kent (Golden Age Superman/Honorary Member)
Bruce Wayne (Golden Age Batman/Honorary Member)

Of course, the lineup changed frequently during the Golden Age but this is the most frequent lineup I’ve seen. The JSA is kind of like the JLA, you can mix and match members almost at will, but I’m kind of partial to the classic lineup. Plus, since the end of the Hawkman series, Hawkman and Hawkgirl were transported back to the 1940’s with no more reincarnations. So this would definitely be an interesting title as far as the lineup would be! :slight_smile:

Happy Friday!
Brian

2 Likes

This would definitely be a tricky title to do. If you remember, Red Lanterns was an attempt to do another Lantern Corps in The New 52, but was received negatively by many fans. Sinestro Corps and Blue Lanterns would also be good attempts along with the Indigo Tribe, but whoever would potentially do this title will have to be careful not to repeat the mistakes made on Red Lanterns.

Happy Friday!
Brian

3 Likes

wonder woman was also a member of the original JSA

1 Like

The JSA lineup is much larger and more flexible than the Justice League Roster. Plenty of versions will have none of those members, but will normally imply they are just not there at the time or dead.

@Nobody.bladesmith Close. She was not created when the team was first formed (no female superheroes were). She did join only a few issues in and even made her first appearence as part of a Justice Society Comic, and she was on the roster for a much longer time in the golden age than some of the founders.

2 Likes

Yes, I will agree the JSA of Earth-two is larger. However, the JSA also had two generations of heroes as members. The Justice League was unable to use heroes like Obsidian, Jade and Huntress/Helena Wayne, Fury, and more. Well, earth-one could not use these heroes. However, some incarnations of the Justice League could be considered to have a larger roster, but are governed by the first seven members. Notably the DCAU JL during justice league unlimited.

that is true. However, it gets interesting depending on how you view Selina Kyle/ Catwoman as she does become a hero during the modern age (who still steals stuff). She made her first appearance on the boat :grin: and Batman let her go in Batman number 1 in march of 1940, the JSA did not appear till all-star comics number 3 in December of 1940.

2 Likes

In some cases, Wonder Woman did join the JSA. Sounds confusing, I know. During the run of the Wonder Woman comic in the late 1990’s, Diana’s mother Queen Hippolyta was shown as a member of the JSA in the 1940’s. Whether that actually happened or not, who’s to say. lol Jay Garrick even mentions that Hippolyta was a hell of a poker player lol. But in the actual Golden Age, Princess Diana may have been a member later in the run (possibly towards the end of World War 2), but with the constant rewriting of continuity, it’s hard to be REALLY sure lol.

2 Likes

I NEED a new Zatanna solo series! Paul Dini’s run (before it was cancelled for New 52 and now called a “mini”) is AMAZING! I need something like that featuring the more whimsical and fantastical side of magic while also being pretty dark. The tone felt very Tim Burton’s Alice In Wonderland but with a different look. That’s the only thing I would do differently is to give the look of the book a Tim Burton aesthetic, something like Tim Burton’s Batman and BTAS.

2 Likes

Agreed across the board! I think I’m just a sucker for any expansions on the Lantern mythos though, so additional series on the Sinestro Corps and especially the Blue Lanterns would make my day. If nothing else, I’m sure the art would be amazing.

(I actually enjoyed The New 52 run of the Red Lanterns. :wink:)

Happy Friday to you as well!

4 Likes

Happy Saturday! I personally am not saying Red Lanterns was bad (I thought it could’ve been better, though), but the overall reaction to it was not entirely positive. I can go for all of the other Corps as well (Blues are my favorites), but sadly I don’t know if that’ll happen. All of the other Corps (except the Sinestro Corps) have been pretty absent since Rebirth. The Reds did have a small storyline in Green Lanterns at the beginning of Rebirth, but haven’t been heard from since. Whatever did happen to that Rage Seed, anyway? lol

Again, Happy Saturday!
Brian :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know I would really like to see a new JSA series!

5 Likes
  1. Fury of Firestorm
  2. Blue Devil
  3. Booster Gold
3 Likes

@beardgospel.4856 you’re in luck!

4 Likes