3 months in, comics still held hostage by DCU

I saw an ad on Facebook stating: “In 2019, our comic collection is bigger, newer and more thrilling than ever. Join #DCUniverse now to start reading.”
Not a lot of info there, pretty vague in a marketing hype approved by the legal dept kind of way, but something to be hopeful about.

1 Like

The comics are secondary to me, by far - I signed up for Titans, Doom Patrol, YJ:O, and Star Girl - and I chose the 1 year subscription for that reason. That said, I enjoy comics, and I’d even be happier with less series at a given time, if they were always posted in complete story arcs, with the crossover issues. 36 issues of Birds of Prey from the late 90s are up, but the “Hunt for Oracle pt. 1” took place in Nightwing; so we’re left at a bit of a loss. That seems to be the case across various series that are up currently.

Given the price, I don’t expect everything under the sun, but it is really, really silly to post limited selections of comics and then leave parts of the story line out.

8 Likes

Me personally, I didn’t sign up for the service for comics. I saw it as a bonus but I rather support DC by purchasing comics on the app or a local comics shop.

1 Like

Is anyone from DCU going to respond?

2 Likes

No one will respond. If they do it will be the same old same old we working on it, blah blah blah.

Aquaman movie comes out, people see it and want to read comics. Come to DCU. Here’s 20 Aquaman comics, have fun.

Into the Spider Verse comes out, people see it and want to read comics. Go to Marvel Unlimited.
Here’s all the Spidey comics you can read and the Spider Verse comics the movie is based on. And here is Ultimate Spider Man and how Miles came to be in the Marvel Universe.

Thanks DCU for continuing to be pathetic!!!

2 Likes

And you keep on being petty @lessthan12parsecs! :smiley:

1 Like

It has grown a bit though now. Idk if you’ve noticed.