2023 Comic Reading Challenge

I didn’t realise they had printed so much Silver Age stuff. It looks like the four Showcase volumes print issues 98-177, and the Celebrating the 60’s prints 178-204, amongst others.

I really enjoyed the Silver Age stuff, but it is not for everyone as Amazon (hah!) reviews will attest. My favorite stuff comes at issue 124 with the impossible adventures. I like the art style as well.

Celebrating the 60’s is great stuff, although I should be honest in that I am not the best person to review these books as I just love anything Wonder Woman is in. I think Lynda Carter imprinted upon my young mind and that’s just the way it is.

Hope you enjoy the material as much as I do!

7 Likes

My goal is to get everything from issue 98 to today. I have everything, minus the mini series, from 2011 to today on a shelf. The Gail Simone books are gonna hurt unless DC re-releases her omnibus. Just saying, there is a market for it and people are currently overpaying for it

6 Likes

just read five more that puts me at 29

7 Likes

78 right now.

Is anybody else keeping a tab of every comic read?

Robin-10 issues.

Hawkman-29 issues

Detective Comics 647-649.

Stars and STRIPE 15 issues

Batman Scooby-Doo Mysteries 3-

Stargirl-3(x2)

World’s Finest- 10

Justice Society of America (1992)- 1-2

Dark Knight Strikes Again- 3 issues

Last Son- 5 issues

Justice Society of America (2022)- 2(x2)

TMNT-4 issues

Last Ronin The Lost Years-1

@Row.Harper as of right now 59% of what I read are Hawkman or Stargirl, and they appear in 6 of the other issues I have read meaning they are in 69% of what I read.

6 Likes

I have a notes tab on my ipad where I record what I am reading

5 Likes

I keep a spreadsheet. I’ve been doing it for the past 3 years for this challenge. It comes in handy to keep up with what I’ve read.

5 Likes

This is so cool! I should keep track of what I read too …

7 Likes

I use Google Sheets. Great for when you are trying to keep track of where you are on multiple titles.

7 Likes

I do too! I have separate tabs for every comic since 2021, 2022, and 2023 and a combined tab. The combined one is cool to see which comic I have read more than once

5 Likes

My spreadsheet

3 Likes

2 more Ninja Turtle comics. Up to 80.

6 Likes

That is a good idea. I have a sheet for each year, and then tabs for comics and books. Your system sounds cleaner and neater.

I also have a tab for total Wonder Woman comics read which is stuck in the 2021 sheet. I will someday figure out how to extract it into its own sheet. By the way, it is over 1,200 Wonder Woman comics, and DCUI is still missing 127 issues of her original run as well as many Sensation comics and Comic Cavalcade stories. :broken_heart:

7 Likes

I don’t want to compare this to the ghastly things happening around the globe on a daily basis but this is a crime against humanity!

Thanks! I added the EVERY BOOK READ tab this year and plan on adding to it at the end of each month. I let books pile up so it helps me easily figure out where I left off.

5 Likes

I have been trying but its not easy

6 Likes

I just finished ten more thats 39 for me
just got done reading final crisis I thought it was boring
I also just got done reading one dark knight it was okay I’m not going to rush out to buy it

5 Likes

I thought it was confusing, but I likee the art.

6 Likes

yes the art was good

6 Likes

Sugar and Spike 1-6 (Giffen)
Tim Drake: Robin 1-3
Ambush Bug 1-4
Flashpoint Beyond 1-6

Flashpoint Beyond was surprisingly great. Ambush Bug is an enduring classic, and the funniest comic that I’ve ever read.

8 Likes

I think my issue with final crisis is I was expecting more darkside more batman and more superman none of them were in the story that much

3 Likes

Ambush Bug is great

4 Likes