2023 Comic Reading Challenge

Pro-tip: If you have an Ollie’s near you, the collected editions, are extremely cheap. I have recently picked up Supergirl vol. 1 by Peter David, Flash Rebirth, and a random Image book for $2.99-$3.99 each. I have also picked up a Deadpool omnibus for $30 from there last year.

With that said, I still buy weeklies because I don’t want my favorite comics canceled due to low sales. That is around $25-$40.

The other reason for this is to give my eyes a rest from looking at screens. I stare at a screen 8+ hours a day for work and then reading comics on a screen for way too many hours, my eyes aren’t happy with me on those days.

9 Likes

Let me preface this by saying everything DC does these days is mainly a Batman/Bat Family event. That said, I believe this will involve more than just the Bat Family and will introduce new characters and new variations of characters into the DC Universe.

Robin
Batman vs. Robin
Monkey Prince
Superman Son of Kal-El

All of those lead into Lazarus Planet but I’m confident you’ll be able to follow along and enjoy it without having read any of them.

6 Likes

I am at 25 issues now.

6 Likes

I have finished my first week with 102 issues read, including new releases on Marvel Unlimited and DCUI Ultra.

6 Likes

30 issues in week 1.

Robin-10 issues.

Hawkman- 17 issues

Detective Comics 647-649.

8 Likes

I have read six so far

7 Likes

Weekly updates. That’s a good idea.

Goal is 39 per week to make 2,023.

Finished Golden Age Wonder Woman omnibus #2.

Tempest Tossed and Warbringer were each 200 page graphic novels.

6 Likes

I doubt I will keep up weekly updates due to it being to order my word document.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen 1-3 (Silver Age)

Surprisingly boring.

6 Likes

Batman vs. Robin 1-3
Gotham City: Year One 1-2

4 Likes

I read six more comics right now I’m reading batman legends of the dark knight 1980s to 2007 its always a good time

7 Likes

I bought money shot a while back on comixology and at the same comixology went to crap. Well, I just got unlimited again for a Vampirella book so maybe now I will remember I have money shot books to read!!!

7 Likes

I finished Hawkman. That puts me at 42 issues.

7 Likes

I finished house of gotham its a story about a kid that batman does not adopt
he tries to do what a some people say is the right thing for him to do let the government take care of the child it does not go well also the doesn’t have a name in the story he is only ever called you so its what if batman didn’t adopt you
batman is not in the story much but its great for people who like stories about gotham
I am up to 13 comics i’m only counting house of gotham as one

6 Likes

This week I read 101 comics. My total is now 203.

5 Likes

wow

6 Likes

just read 3 more Batman hollywood knight its about an actor who thinks he’s batman it was fun I’m at 16 now

5 Likes

Finished my Conan omnibus of the Dark Horse run.

Still reading Golden Age Wonder Woman omnibus 3. It’s all new stuff for me so I am savoring it.

75 comics this year. I am on track for 2,023.

8 Likes

That was a good era for a time.

7 Likes