2022 Comic Reading Challenge

I’m in!

2 books so far!

9 Likes

Welcome aboard!

5 Likes

You’re doing the 2,022-issue challenge with us?

6 Likes

6 Likes

Welcome back to the community @mchendrick! :partying_face: Glad you could join the challenge.

200 (1)

7 Likes

That DEAD MAN’S HAND was quite 90s. Imagine a tv movie, a SPIKE TV tv movie, where every character is played by either Steven Segal or Lorenzo Lamas. I honestly wasn’t sure what was gonna on. In other 90s funnybook news, this week is the debut of SCORCHED, the SPAWN team book. Now havin read and been confused by 3 different new SPAWN books in the last couple months or so( king spawn,gunslinger spawn,etc), I’m really hoping this one goes beyond "dude, that’s cool"i.e. why does Gunslinger Spawn wear that ridiculous hat? Its where he keeps his extra-extra knives. “DUDE, THAT’S COOL!”, but also, what?!..Anyhow, its still 2022 and I’m gonna keep on vida loco-ing the 90s vibe till my eyes fall out.

5 Likes

Just finished Blackest Night! I loved it! The art was out of this world!

6 Likes

I have read 113 comics this week. Year to date I am at 374.

7 Likes

Ugh. Just found a fatal flaw in the triangle-era SUPERMAN readthrus…lots of missing books. Important books, like, “the first parts and the last parts” books. Sigh. All them one-shots not here but we get NEW GUARDIANS weekly now. Not fair.:sob::sob::sob::sob:

6 Likes

Yeah, huge stretches of Stern’s Action Comics are missing for no readily apparent reason. Some of the preceding runs are very spotty too. Not sure what’s up with that.

6 Likes

In good news, finished JEFF LEMIRE’s MAZEBOOK, in print edition. It really felt like it was meant to be an OGN but was separated into 5 issues. Either way, thumbs up. It treads on some very Lemire-ian familiar ground, loss, being lost, acceptance, moving on,etc. but still worth the time. Gimme a good “there’s just being alive and then there’s LIVING” story anytime. COMIXOLOGY had the first three issues at a buck a pop for anyone wanting a heart-twisting, feel good tale to read. And before i go do grown up stuff, the current(on here) WONDER WOMAN storyline is really giving me those early Perez issues vibes. Super strong stuff, but…I’m not reading the backup stories at all. They’re, I dunno, I might go back at binge them all. Maybe. I got a DC SHOWCASE on the shelf chock-full of Young Diana stories that I’d get into before these, it’s just not my thing. And just when I’ve thought I hit Maximum Batman, the current(print) Bat-books, BATMAN and DETECTIVE are rockin, as well as that Batman the DETECTIVE series. Just Batman bein Batman, FINALLY!

6 Likes

The DOMINUS EFFECT storyline is missin the leadoff chapter and his return visit is missing the last chapter. Honestly, I was enjoyin the story way more BEFORE he showed up and Ol’ Waverider and the Linear Men, but still…

5 Likes

5 Likes

The ongoing IRON MAN is set up so much like ED BRUBAKER’s CAPTAIN AMERICA run that its must read Marvel. A continuous cant wait till next month storyline, spot on art, and the colorist from that Cap run, Frank D’mata(?sorry). And the characters used, some not seen in forever, good, good stuff.

4 Likes

They are good but jarring to read after the main story.

5 Likes

I finally have read over 100 comics in 2022 so far!

6 Likes

Maybe that’s it. I finish the main story and the YA art just jars me right off the book.

4 Likes

111 pictures!!

That’s great!

4 Likes