2022 Comic Reading Challenge

5 Likes

This week I read 87 comics. Year to date total is 4748.

5 Likes

5 Likes

This week I read 108 comics. My total year to date is 4856.

5 Likes

1,558 for the year.

Jurassic League and Sensational Wonder Woman. Two of my favorite series in a while.

Still chugging along on Savage Sword of Conan and Conan the King omnibuses. I have them all. It’s getting expensive around here. :heavy_dollar_sign: :moneybag: :dollar:

Re-reading Golden Age Wonder Woman omnibuses as well. I just find them so relaxing. :00_wonder_woman_stars:

4 Likes

I love this one too.

5 Likes

I skimmed bits and pieces when it came out and looks really enjoyable. Some night when I am planning on having a few beers or some company (and some beers), will do the entire thing from start to finish. Dan actually has some wild, interesting, often very good movies, if you have never seen Horns, check that out, and I’m actually enjoying S3 of Miracle Workers on HBO Max at this very moment. S2 wasn’t as good as S1, but this looks promising.

I’ve been enjoying some Silver Age Jimmy Olson, Silver Age Superboy, the Superman and Wonder Woman in the 50s books and have been trying to work on my re-read of the entire Vertigo Hellblazer, but I can’t see to lay my hands on Volume 6th. So I picked up Joshua William’s Year One and will read that in one night, probably soon, and then do his entire run, which I want to do as a prelude for reading his DC stuff. I did the Wally West collection that sets all that up last summer, I think - whenever it came out, more or less. And I’ll probably re-read all that.

I also always regularly re-read a story or two out of the anthology digital first collections of the 2013 Adventures of Superman but I have those in my own personal library and read them when I am on public transit or am waiting for an appointment or some such. I read the three collections a decade ago for the first time, then bought them.

5 Likes

5 Likes

This week I read 71 comics. My total year to date is 4927.

5 Likes

5 Likes

Welp, the big 90s IMAGE reread comes to an explosive head/cowl tomorrow with BATMAN VS SPAWN(2022). Didnt know this was gonna happen at the time, but as fate would have it…now it all makes sense. And after reading all those early 90s books, gotta say, SAVAGE DRAGON rules and for being THE ART GOD, Todd sure did use a Claremont-ian amount of purple-prose.

5 Likes

Went to GALAXY CON last weekend with the 13 year old. He enjoyed it, I spent 5 hours talkin with other salt n pepper, bearded dudes about comic cons gone by. There couldn’t have been more than a half dozen book dealers and what they had were either way pricey wall books or dollar deals. Walked out with a nice run of mid-80s BLACKHAWKS and some misc. stuff that’ll be digitized sometime next century.

5 Likes

And finally, DOOM PATROL is back to remind me why its the best funnybook show ever.

5 Likes

This week I read 105 comics. My total year to date is now 5032.

5 Likes

4 Likes

As I kinda expected, the new BATMAN/SPAWN made absolutely zero sense. None,and not in the Bob Haney way where it’s a “wtf! That’s ridiculous and awesome!”. Looked super sweet tho, and the copy I picked had a glow in the dark cover. 1992,2022,tomayto,tomahto…

5 Likes

This week I read 81 comics. My total for the year is now 5113.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Firstly, HAPPY DAY AFTER. Hope you all made it thru in one piece.

4 Likes

Second, finally been sorting thru all the added ULTRA bits, finding all manner of goodness. SGT ROCK, 70S JONAH HEX, an assortment of issues buried in the omnibus’. Those best of in the 50s books have issues of Bats, Supes, Diana not available as single issue. And a buck-wild slew of GNs, like JOE KUBERT’S BIBLE STORIES. So awesome.

5 Likes