2022 Comic Reading Challenge

Other people in the thread:

“You son of a gun, I’m in!

11 Likes

I’m just gonna keep how many issues I’ve read through 2022 in the post where my list is

8 Likes

Ahh okay, I’ll try to do it too!!

10 comics in so far

10 Likes

I’ve now read my first comic book of the year and kept my promise to @staticshocks that the first book I would read is Static Shock. :grinning:

Really a good introduction comic to our hero Static.:slightly_smiling_face::zap:
And by the way, Happy Birthday @staticshocks! Hope you have a great Birthday today!:partying_face::birthday::tada::confetti_ball:

I’ve made this for you, hope you like it.:slightly_smiling_face:

13 Likes

22/2022 so far

10 Likes

WOOP WOOP! That’s the Static I got a little Pop of for the holidays recently!

Also, thanks for the birthday wishes + graphic! It looks great! :blue_heart: :black_heart: :yellow_heart:

12 Likes

That’s a very cool pop! And happy late birthday!!

9 Likes

123 issues in the first week, including the first 80 issues of Daredevil.

13 Likes

Careful not to burn yourself out. This is a marathon, not a sprint.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure that @scoop001 is just warming up right now! :open_book:

10 Likes

updated

7 Likes

10 Likes

Solid week, highlighted by those late 90s SUPERMAN books. What got me started on the triangle books was a couple weeks ago, I read some silver age Supes set in far-off 2999 where the big bad was MUTO, a sorta Luthor update. Well, scanning thru the issues, I saw ol’ Muto popped back up in those 90s books. That led to backtracking because they were a part of a storyline about Supes stories set in various eras, all pre-crisis.So there’s 70s, 50s, and 30s/40s tales done by modern creators. And thats how the Man of Steel title, by Simonson and Bogdonovic(?) became my fave of the week because it features SUPERMAN WRECKIN NAZIS. Anyone wreckin nazis always brings a smile, but when Superman does it? Hell yeah. If you enjoyed SUPERMAN SMASHES THE KLAN, like just about everyone did, CHECK OUT SUPERMAN MAN OF STEEL ISSUES 80,81,82. Big praise.

10 Likes

Adventures of superman 560, starting off heat vision hot, barrel-chested Wayne Boring Supes drops Toyman off with the law, and commences to brush off Lois’ affections, BUT! Lois disses Supes for her new beau—the BATMAN! Later that day, Lois gets a box of chocolate from Batman, and not just any chocolate, BAT-CHOCOLATE! Then Jimmy finds some red k in a crackerjack box and it all gets REALLY wacky. This is why I love funnybooks, no matter how many clone sagas and icky retcons the big 2 pull.

8 Likes

Elvira omnibus coming in a month. There’s a coming soon listing on INSTOCK TRADES, for both the regular and signed versions.

8 Likes

I am heading over there now!

9 Likes

I have ordered the new Batgirl omnibus so I can expect to be reading that soon and will be kicking off 2022 in style. I have already read a few comics as I am compiling a reading list or stack of books but I really want the conclusion of New 52 Batgirl in my collection and read in 2022 list.

9 Likes

I have read another 138 comics this week, including 70 issues of Daredevil and finishing the new 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws. Year to date total is 261.

8 Likes

Oh, man, I need to get in on this. I keep buying or read listing but not setting time aside to read. Gotta get on that!

9 Likes

And here I was thinking that maybe I’d be able to keep up with you this year.

7 Likes