2021 Comic Reading Challenge

Holy smokes!

I’m not sure how many comics I’ve read this year, but I’d be surprised if it got nearly that high. Or… I dunno. Maybe.
I should start keeping track. Lol!

5 Likes

I don’t know how I go so fast; I don’t feel like I skim or waste an inordinate amount of time on these, but I won the 2020 challenge and I think I have a solid lead this year. Sometimes I just get into a rhythm, I guess?

6 Likes

And double-checking, this is apparently me when I’m going slow; I read exactly 4,000 issues last year.

6 Likes

4,000! *Spittake
Hats off to you, brother! I can state I don’t think I’ve ever hit that high.

I’m trying to figure out somehow what I was reading at the beginning of this year. If I know where I was, I can get a rough estimation of what I’ve read till now.
I do know I read about 3 or 4 issues each day, sometimes a little bit more, like 6 or 7, depending on the day and what’s going on. But generally about 3 or 4. Plus a few other books here and there for research.

5 Likes

I was a reader in the late 70s, and have been enjoying catching up with all the characters since around July. So many choices!! I look forward to seeing what others are reading to help steer me to the good stuff.

7 Likes

Welcome back @boswell99.31027 :slight_smile:

Glad to have you around! Have you read Injustice already?

4 Likes

Thanks a bunch for the welcome! I started out thinking I could start with the 60s and work my way up to the present, but there is simply too much material, so I’ve taken to browsing and reading what grabs me. I am currently on year 4 of “Injustice: God’s Among Us” and really enjoying it. Also currently into JSA and All-Star Squadron. I’m excited to join the community and continue the discoveries.

7 Likes

The old books are like sweet time capsules of that particular time…but not for everyone.

5 Likes

Im with ya on the sheer amount of choice,it’s staggering. I just go with it, no rhyme no reason and generally end up fallin down some rabbithole, Batjags has a way more orderly route of his reading, everyone has their own ways. There’s no right or wrong, no words of advice or wisdom, there’s just 27000 PLUS FRIGGEN FUNNYBOOKS!

5 Likes

3 Likes

Everyone go read TEEN TITANS V1 #23, where Donna first shows off her new,red onesy and then spends half the issue dressed as a chicken…

4 Likes

5 Likes

Going for a headstart on next year’s big undertaking- A COMPLETE READTHRU OF SPAWN AND SAVAGE DRAGON!!! 2022 may or may not be my year…

7 Likes

Just started rereading Spawn from the beginning myself.

7 Likes

We can be McBuddies and plow thru '22 as each others support group/sanity lifeline. This all started with those new SPAWN titles that made zero sense but were really fun to fall into.

5 Likes

November has not been a good month for comic books. Between work, getting ready for the holidays, and playing Tales of Arise and Scarlet Nexus, very few books have been read. At least when compared to previous months. I still have a few days but I know there is a week where I didn’t read a thing.

5 Likes

Sometimes its like that, I can feel a holiday cool-down nearing. Total opposite of last year when it was all funnybooks and zoom chats.

3 Likes

And 2021 is refusing to go quietly, just finished KIRBY’S CAPTAIN AMERICA BICENTENNIAL BATTLES and sure-a-friggen-nuff, Cap gets into a fight with a shark. JAWS is the best movie ever.

4 Likes

I haven’t posted here in a few months but I have continued reading DC, Marvel, and some other stuff on Comixology. Year to date I am at 3623.

7 Likes

updated!

5 Likes