2009 rebirth vs current rebirth

Hi so I have been reading the current rebirth runs and I have noticed that in 2009-2010 a few other comics had “rebirth” issues as well and I am a bit confused. Can anyone clarify for me where exactly those early rebirth comics are set in the current canon/time line if at all?

Anything prior to 2011- Flashpoint / New 52 - probably isn’t part of canon / official current island of DC continuity, although we’ll all see what happens when Doomsday Clock ends.

Yeah because I get a little confused too :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Geoff Johns wrote “Green Lantern: Rebirth” and “The Flash: Rebirth” before the New 52 happened. When DC decided to re-boot again they went with the “Rebirth” banner and Johns was kind of overseeing the creative teams and directions on all the titles. Are we still in “Rebirth” era or have we moved on yet? I’m behind on my reading. I’m still finishing up end of New 52 stories. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Green Lantern: Rebirth is a mini-series that featured the return of Hal Jordan as a Green Lantern. The Flash: Rebirth is a mini-series that saw the return of the Barry Allen Flash. Both are set in the pre-New 52 continuity (also known as “post-Crisis” since it’s the continuity that came into effect after the end of the Crisis on Infinite Earths mini-series).

When people talk about the Rebirth Green Lanterns and The Flash series, those are ongoing series that debuted as part of the DC Universe Rebirth relaunch in 2016. Green Lanterns has since concluded, but the Flash series is still being published.

Hope that provides clarification =)

1 Like

@Jeremy_G, the Rebirth branding ended a year ago, but I’d say we’re still in the Rebirth era from a general perspective. Similar to 2015 when The New 52 label was dropped from the line.