2 Sentence Stories

This thread is all about the community creating a story two sentences at a time. Yes, we are a creative community, so let’s write a tale together involving our favorite characters from the DC Universe.

The Rules: Post two sentences that continue from the previous poster’s story. Add any characters you want, any elements you want. Just have fun.

For those that need a visual of what should occur:

Poster 1: Black Canary love to eat eggs in the morning. She eats them with toast and jam.

Poster 2: This morning she didn’t get to eat though. Green Arrow had ate all the eggs.

Poster 3: This is because he egged a house with the Batman. It is the only time Batman smiled that Green Arrow could remember.

And it keeps going until it feels like a natural conclusion, which then I will start a new prompt for us all!!! So the fun and thread never has to end!!!

So for the legal mumbo jumbo, fine print type of conflamadrama. DC does have a policy about anything we’ve created, so y’all should read that and make sure you are comfortable with it before ya submit your 2 sentences. You can see the Fan Submission Guidelines here: DCU #FanArt Submission Guidelines – DC Universe Help Center
Without further ado,
The first 2 sentences are:

Wonder Woman stepped foot out of the invisible jet. She had just returned from a major battle that had changed her life.

4 Likes

It was two in the morning. Still shaken by her encounter, Diana walked into her private home on the Virginia beachfront, to find Steve fast asleep.

2 Likes

She proceeded to wake him up. She was greeted with a grunt.

2 Likes

“STEVE!,” she exclaimed. “You need to get up right now.

2 Likes

“What? What is it?” (Had to do it again. This is going to be a fun thread!)

2 Likes

Wonder Woman’s eyes narrowed, and her look seemed to pierce Steve’s very soul. “We’re going to need you…to save the universe!”

3 Likes

“You’ve got to be joking!” he exclaimed. “I am.” Diana smiled back at him.

3 Likes

“I can’t believe you woke me up for this. I’m going back to bed.”

2 Likes

Diana laughed, kissed him on the cheek, and got into bed by his side — forgetting for just a moment what had transpired. But even as Steve drifted back into slumber, Diana could not rest.

3 Likes

She got out of bed, and walked to the living room. She made a call to a very special friend.

2 Likes

“Bruce,” she said.

“I heard,” her friend replied.

4 Likes

“I’ll be there soon” He responded. She hung up.

2 Likes

“Having Batman bug my apartment has its drawbacks”, she thought to herself. Adding, “But, it does make carrying on our affair easier.”

4 Likes

Diana shook off that intrusive thought about something she’d absolutely never do. Which was when she knew for sure that Dr. Psycho was still inside her head.

7 Likes

She got a cab and took it to the airport. The lady at the desk then asked “where will you be going?” (Thought this would have been more comedic, but I like the direction it’s going in.)

2 Likes

Diana closed her eyes and concentrated intently for a moment. She knew she couldn’t trust herself to fly under her own steam while Dr. Psycho was a danger, but she needed to make very sure her next words were her own.

3 Likes

She realized she was no longer in control.
“Metropolis.”

2 Likes

“I’m sorry, all our flights to Metropolis are full.” The woman looked up from her screen and “How about Las Vegas instead”.

4 Likes

“Sure.” I can’t believe this guy is in control of me.

2 Likes

“My plan is coming into fruition,” Dr. Psycho said as he schemed in his lair. “When my mind control destroys Wonder Woman as I’m expecting it to, I will have proven myself the superior villain, guaranteeing myself a shot at overthrowing Luthor’s command of the Legion of Doom!”

2 Likes