1988 Hamilton Gifts Series

I was so young when I got the Superman figure on the left that I cannot remember getting it. It has been a mainstay on my shelves since I was a boy (32 now). Up until today it has been standing all alone, but I was able to acquire the Batman from the same series this week and it just arrived!

Now that I am older and have my own home I was able to get my own office space and I have been collecting and creating an environment to satisfy all of my geeky interests. Not surprising the DC Universe might be the most represented, especially Superman and Batman. There is a Joker and Robin but they don’t fit my theme as well and I don’t have room for them haha.

My plan is to make a post soon sharing what I have accumulated so far and explain my rationale in organization. I thought this connection to my childhood was a good place to start!

Anyone else have collectibles from their childhood that they still have displayed prominently or have added to similar collections once they got older?

9 Likes

Congrats on the pickup! Isn’t it a great feeling when you acquire an older piece you’ve been hunting down for some time?

As for me, check out the 4 small figures of Clark/Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in the back of the picture below. The Super Powers toys were a big part of my childhood :slightly_smiling_face:.

Will be reorganizing and cleaning up soon. Once done will also post updated pics of the whole collection. Definitely looking forward to seeing yours!

6 Likes

That’s awesome! There’s such an interesting satisfaction in collecting. Sometimes I just find myself alone admiring and looking at it :joy: I guess that’s all that can be done since it’s not like we play with them :joy:

But at the same time plenty of dissatisfaction as the collection must continue to grow.

Looking forward to seeing your collection. I like that large Batman you’ve got in there as well! Make sure to let me know when you post something so I don’t miss it.

5 Likes

Sure thing! I have some older pics posted already on other threads. May dig 'em up for ya when I have some time to spare.

Yeah…admiring them in silence is definitely a thing. Sometimes not in silence. I have this big 3 foot statue of Superman in our loft area upstairs. When I’m in a playful mood, I’ll yell “Suuuuupes!” as I pass it by. Wife & kids always shake their heads in amusement when I do that.

4 Likes

That would be great.

HAHA I like that. Maybe I need to be more creative with my collection enjoyment!

3 Likes

Beautiful finds from u both. I had the hall of justice & some figs from when the show aired. Sold em’ at a garage sale as a kid. I’ll never forgive myself.

5 Likes

So I cleaned up and rearranged. Check it out here.

5 Likes

Classic Batman - I absolutely love it, @Gothamite.ZNicholson! Both figures are a nice size and the coloring really pops against those emerald green walls. Such a cool memento from your childhood. Thank you for sharing!

6 Likes

Very Cool!!

4 Likes

@capo-mage I definitely have some collectors items from years ago that got away and I regret it.

3 Likes

@KeyFamily thank you very much! Funny thing was I didn’t even know the Batman one existed until last week. I’m surprised my Superman one is not more dinged up after all the years. I played with it a lot as a kid. The Batman one I got on eBay was in decent shape - only 13 bucks. The first one I saw was on amazon and someone was trying to sell it for 100 :flushed:

4 Likes

So cool that you have the exact toy you used to play with - makes it much more special.

$13 for the Batman?! Killer deal! After seeing your post, I checked into a piece that I left at a comic shop years ago without buying. I found it on eBay for a reasonable price and hope to add it to my collection soon. It will be my first figure!

4 Likes

So are we to wait for when you actually acquire said figure, or you gonna spill the beans :slightly_smiling_face:?

3 Likes

@KeyFamily I know right!? And before I found it I was tempted to buy the $100 one :joy: and I’m with @moro spill the beans on what you’re getting! Even if it isn’t your original I’d say it still has nostalgia power.

3 Likes

@moro @Gothamite.ZJN

:smile: Love the enthusiasm…

Here he is!

I’ll upload better photos once I receive it next week. I’m so excited!

4 Likes

@KeyFamily YES!!! Even has the tag!!! Well played!!!

3 Likes

Wait… is that the same one @Gothamite.ZJN got, in a lighter shade of blue?

3 Likes

these are awesome! i had a similar vinyl batman from batman returns, but it’s been lost to the sands of time.

3 Likes

It hurts doesn’t it. The thing is u never know. It’s way easier now with the internet & it’s still hard. Back then I had no clue 40+ years later I would still love DC & that this fairly new show that was on like season 4-5? I don’t remember exactly what season. Anyways, that, that show would be the moment I would go back to as my 1st exposure to DC & WW would solidify my love for DC forever.

2 Likes

@KeyFamily that’s awesome. Love the Andre 3,000 to set it up for the big reveal too. Excellent choice for a new/old figure.

3 Likes