1,000,000 subscribers!

Congrats for any kind of success!

3 Likes

https://amp.businessinsider.com/dc-universe-original-series-have-found-success-doom-patrol-titans-2019-2?__twitter_impression=true

Wow! Revenue up 53% in January, great news for the DCU.

7 Likes

I say we celebrate with steamed hams
and the adding of chocolate to milk (or frosty chocolate milkshakes).

4 Likes

Wow, I feel like I was hearing much less optimistic analysis not that long ago. This is great news, and I hope it means DCU will have the budget to do even more awesome stuff!

Plus, not sure how much it’s happening yet, but it would be cool if this started leading people who came here for the movies and TV over to the comics section to build up the reader base, which is a win for everybody.

3 Likes

I was worried that this App could not survive with all the other streaming options. It looks like there is enough demand to sustain and even flourish.

Not surprised it’s a pretty good app

@Vroom: I’ll bring the party hats and the red cups. No pineapple on the pizza!

One million installs and one millions subs is not the same thing. people could have installed it, said “I have to pay for this?” and not joined. Not saying that is what most did, but some almost surely did and they would be included. Although those of us like me who joined on their computer, Rokue, Firestick, etc. would not be included either which would cancel out some of the installs that didn’t end up signing up.

Still, this is a very good thing I would say. DCU has gotten a lot of positive press on the shows, Titans and Young Justice made some good list of most in demand streaming shows this year so far which says word is going arond. And while I am guessing fewer joined just for Doom Patrol as opposed to Titans or Young Justice (although clearly the latter drew in a lot of people if the forums and feedback is any indication) all three of the original shows have gotten overwhelmingly good reviews from fans and critics, which can go a long way. Titans seems to be the one with the most negative reviees but even them most are positive and Doom Patrol and Young Justice are almost overwhelmingly positive.

DCU got off to a rough start for sure, and especially on the comics made some questionable calls. But perceptions seems to be getting a lot better as does word of muth. So I think DCU has a bright future.

3 Likes

I’m confused is it 1 million subs or downloads took WWE network over a year to hit 1 million subs

2 Likes

Installations-my bad. It is a very positive write up none the less. I done a better job paraphrasing the article in the body.

Even though I am not a big fan of Doom Patrol so far I am happy that it has been a big hit for DC!

2 Likes

I predict the show will grow on you @Redhood.

1 Like