1,000,000 subscribers!

Business Insider has a optimistic write up on DC Universe App. According to mobile markets the DCU App since its debut has passed one million installations on App Store and Google install with momentum behind it. Your thoughts?

16 Likes

I thoroughly enjoy the content. It covers everything that I could ask for.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised. It’s crazy and almost surreal if you think about the potential of this “app”. I put app in quotes because this is more than that…this is an entire world (or should I say universe ;)) for literally EVERYTHING D.C.

Congratz to DCU and everyone working so hard to keep this service phenomenal!! You all deserve all of the glory and praise. And just think…we’re only in year 1 #hype

4 Likes

1,000,000 subscribers in 5 months sounds good to me. This is welcome news for members of the DCU App. If they can keep up the quality and content the sky is the limit.

1 Like

I think the article states 1 million app installations, and not subscribers. Huge difference since anybody can install this on their phone without subscribing. Still great news though!

2 Likes

Do they have a free trial? Nobody has a crystal ball that will tell us what happens In the future. And they release shows on the weekly here.

…there does appear to be a free trial sign up.

I don’t have it installed. So there is even more than that.

1 Like

They did way better then WWE Network when it first started! :grinning:

2 Likes

I believe they can hit 1 million subs. I know DC fans outside USA are just waiting to sign up. Also once the consoles app are up, more subs will come join in.

The article did state that this app is directed at strictly DC fans but attracting casual fans will be key to longevity. This I agree 100%.

2 Likes

They are making shows for a larger audience. A mature show with a good story. The biggest show is GOT, and what is that show synonymous with? Good story, violence, sex and nudity.

1 Like

Good quality programming will win subscriptions.

1 Like

A million downloads is a good start. The true test of the services success will be how many of the initial subscribers sign up for a second year.

3 Likes

Good start and I have friends who are holding out til Doom Patrol finishes to give it a try. I bet most keep the service since Swamp Thing starts right after and Stargirl is on the way! Once they add console apps I bet subscriptions increase as well.

2 Likes

The only I thing I gotta say is that people should not compare it to other streaming services like Netflix or Hulu. DC Universe caters to a fan base.

8 Likes

^^ This! We are here for DC Fans. Netflix caters to the masses, we cater to the DC Universe. Well said @Redhood.5520!

6 Likes

For me, DC Universe is a must have.

I was starving for more DC content, mostly movies and TV shows these days. I do not collect comics anymore. After reaching 5,000 + comics in my collection, with the greatest number of them being DC comics, there is little room to store more anyway. So more DC live action shows are very welcome to me. I have always wanted more DC superhero shows to be available. The scattering of DC movies and TV shows was rather rare and too far between when I was young. It is nice to see that changing now.

MACJR

6 Likes

It’s 1 million downloads… not 1 million subscribers.

But that is still an impressive number. Far more than what I would have guessed. I just hope a lot of those free trials are turning into subscriptions. And this goes to show how the slow roll out (and weekly original episodes) can do to draw in excitement. Good numbers = more investment = more content!

And really 7 million comics read… we are some comic reading fools I tell ya! Three cheers!

4 Likes

It’s a great time to be a geek. I can remember hiding my comics under my desk at Elementary School lol. My oh my, how things have changed.

1 Like

Any way to gauge how many people have downloaded the Amazon app, those folks wouldn’t be included in the Google downloads

2 Likes